What separates you from others?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why are you so adamant at making others vegan, let people live their lives
Why do people care so much about "Black Lives Matter"? Just let black people live their lives of getting murdered by police officers.
I don't want to start a pointless flamewar, won't be responding to more posts regarding this topic.

Reactions: Deleted User

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Why do people care so much about "Black Lives Matter"? Just let black people live their lives of getting murdered by police officers.
I don't want to start a pointless flamewar, won't be responding to more posts regarding this topic.
What kind of ass-backwards logic is that? Eating meat =/= killing black people

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Well to be fair
That’s a battle only black people should be fighting
While people should only be there to support them. Not rioting the White House.
Because it is racist to look at another ethnic group and think “damn, I need to solve their problems for them”

Another example:
Removing Speedy from space jam for being a Mexican stereotype
News flash:
That pissed off a l o t of Mexican people

Another another example:
Mario odyssey
Nintendo was going to remove the sombrero for being “racist”
Turns out that just upset people because they loved the representation having the hat in the game showed

No more politics
You're cooler than most people c:
No ones as cool as Kingy though •U•

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
This makes me curious, what device took the photo in your avatar?
My camera.
And also, is there a specific reason that you don't use a phone? What would it take to make you use one? I can think of many valid reasons but with my sometimes-busy adult life it wouldn't be very practical which is unfortunate.
I don't use a phone because a) I don't need one, b) I have other uses for my money, and c) I don't understand them. If I were to use one, you'd have to walk me through how to use them and give me good reasons to own one. Once I get a job and/or I'm out on my own, I will probably look into getting one, but for now I have no need for one.

Oh, and there are two more reasons I don't want one. It does seem really silly saying this, but I like my lack of knowledge for modern technology, (it makes me different, which is something I like) and I enjoy my not being connected with the people I know in the real world. Well, maybe connected isn't the right word. I'm connected with them, just offline. Anyways, online I am 'IanSkinner1982'. Maker of C64 programs and websites, DSi hacker, Discord moderator, etc. Offline, I'm much different. I prefer not to have my real life friends see my online self. It's not that I'm embarrassed or anything, it's just that the places I'm at online are my safe places. I don't want people I know in the real world seeing me online, just as I don't want people online seeing me in the real world.

I just realized the massive wall of text I've created. Sorry about that.

D

Deleted User

In reality, I'm just a kiddo who likes to write poems and help people in the internet. I'm nothing special, but, well, for some reason some people think I'm and, well, that is what matters for me. I don't think anyone individually can be consider special, but we can be special for the others

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man I'm just tired of hearing things like this. There are so many good arguments against it yet most people just won't care.
Why do you think a lot of people don't like vegans?
Because they're annoying. You don't eat meat? Good for you. Let other people live their fucking lives and just shut up.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Because they're annoying. You don't eat meat? Good for you. Let other people live their fucking lives and just shut up.
Vegans shut up for 10 min challenge(ultra impossible)

Last edited by Julie_Pilgrim,
D

Deleted User

I asked my grandfather why he is homophobic and he told me "I'm not homophobic, I just don't like gay people!"

One time we were shopping for mattresses and he got angry at the woman at our local place when she said that the actual size of the mattress we were looking for was not represented. Then, when a man said the same thing at the town over, he wasn't assertive at all.

He also tells me that he isn't racist, even though every time I've seen him interact with a black man he's been extremely condescending.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
People can just never understand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But well, now you can really see what separates me from others.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
People can just never understand
I understand that you feel that we are murdering animals and need to stop, but you can't just get people to change how they live. Also, I know a vegan who is very rude when it comes to non-vegans. She is really strong in her beliefs, and tries to force veganism upon people. I feel it is better to gently push people into it. Yeah sure the animals can't wait for a person to slowly change, but if you force it upon them, they will want to become a vegan even less. I know this angers her when I say it, but let us live how we live, and when we are ready, we will try veganism. Don't force your beliefs upon us.

Anyways, I understand veganism, I just don't walk down that path.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive