Hacking What R4 clone is this?

Tigger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
img-0013.jpg

I cannot for the life of me find a working firmware for this, just says loading. I am aware it may have a timebomb, so would some form of YS menu work?
thanks

Reactions: tsucha

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I cannot for the life of me find a working firmware for this, just says loading. I am aware it may have a timebomb, so would some form of YS menu work?
thanks
are you using a 2GB or less card? (SD, not the SDHC ones)
i believe that is either the original or a very early r4 clone which very likely doesn't support sdhc

Tigger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes use ysmenu or wood

Wood wont work on a clone will it?

I have tried-
R4IIIr4-dsl_v3.08_English
R4iUpgrade_English

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

are you using a 2GB or less card? (SD, not the SDHC ones)
i believe that is either the original or a very early r4 clone which very likely doesn't support sdhc

2Gb card

Tigger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: The Catboy

Tigger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is not a clone, this is actually a revision 2 model of the original R4 flashcart, I have one of these as well.

Here is the default kernel for it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/48idebnuxhkeut9/R4 v1.18 English.7z?dl=0

Here is the other kernel, Wood R4: (HIGHLY recommended to use instead)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1f8j3bq1w7q5fr/Wood R4 v1.62.7z?dl=0

Thank you indeed. I bought two old cards off someone and could not get this to work. I thought it was a clone because the sticker looks a bit poo lol

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you indeed. I bought two old cards off someone and could not get this to work. I thought it was a clone because the sticker looks a bit poo lol
So they did work after I just noticed the upgrade revolution title. So then this must have been one of the very first clones of the original R4 then, using its original kernels.

All well, the point is they work, enjoy :P

Tigger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So they did work after I just noticed the upgrade revolution title. So then this must have been one of the very first clones of the original R4 then, using its original kernels.

All well, the point is they work, enjoy :P

Does the upgrade revolution title make a difference? is it a original r4 or a clone like i first thought?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the upgrade revolution title make a difference? is it a original r4 or a clone like i first thought?
It is questionable as I do not remember there ever being an upgrade revolution of the original R4, maybe it existed at one point and it was just a ninja upon release, who knows. If it can run both the original kernels then anyone can easily assume it to be the original R4 model v2, it looks exactly like mine except mine doesn't say upgrade revolution, mine just says revolution. I use the same kernels I provided you nonetheless, so in a way I guess call it half real half fake :P

Tigger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is questionable as I do not remember there ever being an upgrade revolution of the original R4, maybe it existed at one point and it was just a ninja upon release, who knows. If it can run both the original kernels then anyone can easily assume it to be the original R4 model v2, it looks exactly like mine except mine doesn't say upgrade revolution, mine just says revolution. I use the same kernels I provided you nonetheless, so in a way I guess call it half real half fake :P

You mean looks the same as in the board? i guess.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE="DeadSkullzJr, post: 9302350, member:
I tried it, but it shows a "loading" screen
Please help:(((
Did you actually extract the kernel assets or just do just chuck it on the SD card? You should have the __rpg folder and the _DS_MENU.DAT on the root of the SD card, not to mention you need to use a 256MB-2GB microSD card, this is because the flashcart cannot handle SDHC (FAT32) SD cards.

WowNiceGuitar

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
(sorry for bad English) Hi, sorry for replying late =(((
I only have a 2gb microSD, and I'm pretty sure I did everything you said
It still not work =((
BUT I found out something really interested
If I pull the microSD out of the R4 when the R4 still in the cartridge slot, the screen will still have the "loading...." message but not "Couldn't find TF/SD card". Is this a bad thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end