Homebrew what model switch new or old

pfc6572008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys Im going to get my kids a switch for Christmas and Im wanting to put home brew on it not really worried about online play ive read that it can only be done up to version 8.0.1ish so my question is would the new models of the switch come with 9.0 + and the older models come with 8.0 ish

pfc6572008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do you know what firmware they come with as i would like to put cfw on it just dont wanna buy the new model and not be able to do anythink with it been looking though the pages but cant seem to find anything

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You wont be able to use cfw on the new models at this time. However, it is rumored that SX OS have found a hardware mod for the new models. Also note that even the old models are now patched (so you cannot run cfw at this time on those either, unless you buy a used one).

However, if you are lucky, you can find an old model switch that comes with firmware 4.1.0, then you can install cfw, even if it is a patched unit (just make sure you read about it before using the switch to connect to wifi, as nintendo locks out users from cfw by hitting these switches with a supernag update notification, so if u stumble across it, do not connect to wifi until you know how to install cfw)

The new models come with firmware 8+ so the hardware mod would be your only bet. There has been some skepticism over the hardware mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it