• Views 25,559
  • Replies 362
  • Likes 4

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you think about my English? I was reading posts I made from 2014, and oh god, that was horrible.

You have better grammar than most americans, i'll put it that way.

No offense to americans, but their school system doesn't teach them appropriate grammar. Most don't even know how to use a semicolon ( ; ) Of course, if they're even slightly intelligent (like many on these forums) then they'd teach themselves properly.

Last edited by G0R3Z,
D

Deleted User

OP
Literally anything other than English would be a start. Since I live in wales I'm being pushed to learn welsh in school but no matter how hard I try it always fails.

I have to learn Welsh to (hello fellow Welsh person! :D), but I just learn what I have to and then I forget it, only to recall it when required. Heck, in my Welsh class I can have headphones in one ear, so I'm not really learning too much. Are you in the South, or up North? (For others: South has some different dialect than North).

Reactions: Seriel

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have to learn Welsh to (hello fellow Welsh person! :D), but I just learn what I have to and then I forget it, only to recall it when required. Heck, in my Welsh class I can have headphones in one ear, so I'm not really learning too much. Are you in the South, or up North? (For others: South has some different dialect than North).
I told you where I live in my first ever pm convo lol
I'm in North Wales.

Reactions: Deleted User

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You have better grammar than most americans, i'll put it that way.

No offense to americans, but their school system doesn't teach them appropriate grammar. Most don't even know how to use a semicolon ( ; ) Of course, if they're even slightly intelligent (like many on these forums) then they'd teach themselves properly.
To be honest, I find English grammar very easy. French is a pain in the ass in comparison.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I find English grammar very easy. French is a pain in the ass in comparison.
And I honestly prefer German to English. Everything is very literal and there are absolutely no spelling exceptions, you just pronounce what you see. The only issue I have with it that I don't with English is figuring out what articles to use for words, and even that's getting easier with practice

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My native language is spanish, but not any kind of spanish, is Mexicano style wey, and as far as I know, is considered the hardest variation of spanish to learn.

Also, the language I'm typying right now, but still have a lot of grammar issues hehe, but I can understand it perfectly by ear, read and even on songs, and all of that thanks to videogames, the GBATemp community (I read a lot here lol) self-learning on the internet and more things, movies, songs, videos on youtube etc...

My next goal is to speak and learn how to write Japanese, I'll do that when my time becomes more friendly lol.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can speak dutch and english as good it gets i think (though i don't practice english enough), and i can understand german and the most common spoken south african language (which is related to dutch) but i always screw the grammar rules up.

Reactions: Games&Stuff

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can speak dutch and english as good it gets i think (though i don't practice english enough), and i can understand german and the most common spoken south african language (which is related to dutch) but i always screw the grammar rules up.
Isn't that the language with the silly words like "springmat"?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
it is it's tha language which calls a lollypostickle: stockylekker and they use y when we use ei in dutch and ei when we use y.
it's fun! they are double negative like one sentence in dutch then in South african:
NL: Als je niet scoort kun je niet winnen.
SA: Wie nie scoor nie win nie.

Reactions: Games&Stuff

jayjay123

Trophies
XP
Country
i forgot, i can understand most of south-african language, since it's almost like dutch... there's double denialor double negativity but when sthey say the words it sounds dutch, and although they have some new words for cars, trains and candy's there's no big problem... just writen it takes me some time, since they write the words really different. they understand me if i speak dutch (and they laugh about the way i say things), and i can understand them if they speak (and laugh about the way they say things).
Ons moet 'n Afrikaans / Hollands draad begin :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Indeed!
Springmat = tramploine :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it is it's tha language which calls a lollypostickle: stockylekker and they use y when we use ei in dutch and ei when we use y.
it's fun! they are double negative like one sentence in dutch then in South african:
NL: Als je niet scoort kun je niet winnen.
SA: Wie nie scoor nie win nie.
Wie nie waag nie, wen nie! (He who does not dare does not win!)

Last edited by jayjay123,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1