instantberry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody,
I never had the time/money to do anything about my semi-bricked psp. (phat 1000, the oldest model)
Before it was able to turn on into the home screen and just play music, nothing else.(couldn't read UMD, or play any type of games)
I sent it off to a friend in another state and found out it was hopeless, but when i got it back it wasn't even working at all.
I thought it might be because it wasn't charged, so i charged it for a day and when i turned it on it was still useless.
So my question is...
-Does that make it fully bricked and i will be needing a pandora's battery?
-If I buy a pandora's battery will it fix?

-thanks people

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I don't think it was semi-bricked if you were able to boot into the XMB.

Second, have you opened it up and made sure everything was connected properly? Chances are your friend opened it up to try to see what was wrong (which could have simply been the screen, which is a cheap part), didn't know what he was doing, and simply closed it all back up hoping you'd just trash it.

instantberry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i haven't even opened a psp to begin with =X
is there a video i can watch that tells me if all the connects are working properly?

instantberry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i left it charging for roughly around 10 hours and i saw a green light, i tried turning it on and nothing, then i slid the on button up for like 10 seconds and still nothing, the psp just has the green light on , 24/7

tenja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Did you use the recovery menu in the past? like moving files from VSH folder or something? Cause i got semi-bricked as well(blank screen) but recovered by toying around with the system folder.

instantberry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my psp in a long time because it was with my friend in another state, but i tried hooking it up to a usb and nothing happened, my comp didn't recognize the psp at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!