What is wrong with gamespot / gamefaqs / cnet?

iain_benson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, okay, don't all kick me in the head at once, but I'm guess I'm a bit ignorant about website politics.

I've used gamefaqs for years for hints and tips on PC games and never had any issues with it. I've also occasionally used cnet to look at reviews of things.

I don't know wether the CNet thing is an april fool or not, and don't want to get into a discussion of that here, but what I want to know is why is it a bad thing if it is for real?

Iain.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
And things like flashcards and homebrew are like instant ban
tongue.gif

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well all the bad things are on the front page.
- Adverts on the portal - This helps us to fund the site. Adverts will NOT be placed inside threads, as to keep the community happy -- discussion will go uninterrupted.

- 'Testing Area' to close - By request of CNET Networks we are unfortunately having to close the 'Testing Area' sub-forum. This is out of our hands.

- Censoring - Profanities will be censored out in discussion to make the forum more family-friendly. Posts will be more heavily moderated in order to insure no illegal discussion takes place.

- Latest ROM Information and News under discussion with CNET Networks - We are trying our best to keep GBA, Nintendo DS and Wii "scene" release information on the site, we are currently under negotiation with CNET Networks and will let you know its fate as soon as we do.

Some changes will take immediate effect, others will be gradual, and more will be made in the future. As has always been the case with GBAtemp, we are always striving to be the best Nintendo console related discussion forums and will stop at nothing to insure that continues to be the case.

Hhm i can only hope that it's an april joke : p Originally i came to this site to check wii releases.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Day 2 of the Coming

They're still here
oh the agony of their arrival
i thought they would be gone by now
it looks like their stay perennial
i hope things will change
it's bad enough they've taken my home
but now they deprive my honor
there is no where to run
there is no where to hide
all we can do is sulk and hope for a brighter future.

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FYI, GameFAQs was not owned by CNET always. It was independently run much as GBATemp very recently was. After acquisition, the forums seemed to fill with people who couldn't spell or punctuate for the life of them.

Slight profanities are jumped on whereas there appears to be no need in regards to any kind consistency in terms of grammatical ability.

Fortunately, the FAQs (the best bits) are completely contributed by users and so the scene in that regard is very much alive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo