Hacking What is the "NSZ" format?

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A page I can't mention here due to GBAtemp's rules posted a news that a new dump format, called "NSZ" was released which supposedly uses a high level of compression. Supposedly it is a format that would replace the NSP format as they claim. Interestingly enough this came out of nowhere, so I checked here and found no thread bout it nor does a google search give any result. Was this a fake? I've been frequenting that page for a while now, and they never did anything suspicious. So I wonder what's going on.

Supposedly one needs Tinfoil 5.0 to install this dump format.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you search for nsz you will find the creator/idea behind it and blawar also helping to develop it. He is the first that have implemented it into an installer.

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you search for nsz you will find the creator/idea behind it and blawar also helping to develop it. He is the first that have implemented it into an installer.
I see. Guess I'll look into it. So far I'm a bit concerned since I install NSPs via Tinfoil 0.21 + Fluffy via network. To my knowledge the newest Tinfoil doesn't work with Fluffy. So I'm a little bit concerned that there will be no network install option.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I see. Guess I'll look into it. So far I'm a bit concerned since I install NSPs via Tinfoil 0.21 + Fluffy via network. To my knowledge the newest Tinfoil doesn't work with Fluffy. So I'm a little bit concerned that there will be no network install option.
I think tinfoil + nut (app from same developer) is the best combo. Try it.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Tinfoil do have it, but it's called "NUT" there. I'm not really into Tinfoil so much so I don't really know. I know @blawar were going to add it to the OG Tinfoil once the full specs of nsz been worked out.

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think tinfoil + nut (app from same developer) is the best combo. Try it.
I tried nut, but it requires to set up a server or something? At least I couldn't get it to work. With Fluffy + tinfoil 0.21 I just need to start tinfoil 0.21 input the Switch IP into Fluffy, select the NSP click on begin transfer and press "a" in tinfoil 0.21. It's not so easy/convenient on nut or did I miss something there?

Last edited by moonblood666,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I tried nut, but it requires to set up a server or something? At least I couldn't get it to work. With Fluffy + tinfoil 0.21 I just need to start tinfoil 0.21 input the Switch IP into Fluffy, select the NSP click on begin transfer and press "a" in tinfoil 0.21. It's not so easy/convenient on nut or did I miss something there?
Nut is a python script, same as Fluffy.
https://github.com/blawar/nut

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But it reduces just the dumped file size or after installed games really uses less storage?
I didn't heard about it before.

EDIT
I did some research and found the answer to my question.
I don't care about the size of the download neither to wait less or more time to install it.
I will not use it anyway.

Last edited by TamarindoJuice,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte