Homebrew What is PatchMii?

Derp100396

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You see I wanted to get WiiSCU but I need PatchMii. What is it exctly, can it brick my system and will it effect backup launcher gamma Gecko OS or USB LoaderGX or CIOS in anyway?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Patchmii is an installer program designed by Bushing that is included in most of the "official" homebrew (e.g. homebrew recognized by Wiibrew.org), including WiiSCU. The Patchmii framework is already in the WiiSCU program and will run when WiiSCU installs channels or IOSes. There should be no need to install the Patchmii-core itself.

Patchmii was made with safety and compatibility in mind and thus shouldn't brick, but like all homebrew that modifies your IOSes you should have some form of brick protection (Preloader or BootMii boot2) and you must make sure the power doesn't go off during installation.

While Bushing and Team Twiizers are strongly anti-pirate, the Patchmii framework does not make any checks for pirate-friendly programs and will not mess anything up.

Derp100396

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thanks! One more question with WiiSCU when i wanna update the wii shop channel will it say wii shop channel or will it be some sort of ID

Derp100396

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK sorry two more things. does this work with firmware 3.2 (i have an american wii BTW) and does this work with the check mii out channel?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
firmware 3.2 - yes.
check mii out channel - no, but once you have updated the shop channel, you can update/install Check Mii Out channel via Shop Channel.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah. But I think "made" is a little generous. I changed about 4 numbers, compiled and released, to try and fix a bug some people were having.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope. Just select "-trucha" and then install.

If you have IOS61 and update HBC, HBC will then use it. IOS61 suppposedly has slightly better WiFi than other IOS, so this means that HBC, and any other homebrew launched from HBC which doesn't reload IOS, will connect to network slightly faster. But only if you update HBC with IOS61 installed.

Other than that, IOS61 is only useful for Wii Shop Channel, and there's nothing at all interesting or noteworthy about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh