What is "Internal Network Adaptor Boot"?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Feels Good Man, Jan 2, 2010.

Jan 2, 2010
  1. Feels Good Man
    OP

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I went to my BIOS and noticed that this option was disabled. What is it exactly?

2. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    It is so you can Boot/Start up the PC from another PC on a LAN/Network remotely if it is switched off. You want to leave it disabled.
    you can read more about this here>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_booting
    Internal Network (means your local LAN/Network) Adaptor (means the Ethernet/Network Adaptor on the Motherboard) Boot (means Startup/Boot the PC)

3. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    It's also another alternative to installing windows if you don't have a dvd drive and no usb stick. Useful, though requires some configuration on the server computer.

4. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    Yeah, basically an external install source. For example, at my school there is a server in the IT guy's office that he RDP's to from his main computer, from there he distributes images (Norton Ghost images) to the comps that connect via that feature. All he has to do is put in the IP and select the image and leave it over night. That's how he installs crap to the school.