PS1/2 What is currently possible with a PS3?

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm I'll ask just in case I'm missing something
why does many ppl wants to connect the USB HDD to a PS3? is there anything special you can do beside Transferring Pics/Video/Music?

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Turtle said:
C175R said:
hmm I'll ask just in case I'm missing something
why does many ppl wants to connect the USB HDD to a PS3? is there anything special you can do beside Transferring Pics/Video/Music?
It just enables you to store more stuff. o_o
well yea I gues..but If I put a save data or something in the USB HDD then it will have to be connected to my ps3 whenever i use it...
hmmm then I'll pass. since I'm using my HDD for my Wii.
I would change it if I can play PS3 or PS2 games from there but...Damn Sony...
dry.gif

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
C175R said:
well yea I gues..but If I put a save data or something in the USB HDD then it will have to be connected to my ps3 whenever i use it...
dry.gif

if you have the old 60gig or 20gig models you can play ps2 games off a usb hard drive.

honeypaThe PS3 only reads FAT32 only then I'm assuming?

yes that is correct.

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone have a working profile for AVSVideoConverter 6?
been tryign to convert MKV bluray rips to mp4 and the preset profiles dont work, when i convert a file it doesnt show up under my media server in order to copy to the PS3's HD over wifi. tried to convert various other file formats, all with same result. even tried TVersity which made the files appear but ps3 not play them still

EDIT: Doesnt matter. found a fix
biggrin.gif

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
delta123 said:
C175R said:
dry.gif

if you have the old 60gig or 20gig models you can play ps2 games off a usb hard drive.

honeypaThe PS3 only reads FAT32 only then I'm assuming?

yes that is correct.
Wait what? say that againg????? are you serious? how do you do that? I got the 60Gb and never heard of this? are you telling me I can play games I downloaded on my PS3???

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thoob said:
1. Here. It does involve opening your PS3 though.
currently you do not need to open your ps3 at all to play ps2 backups, the video link you have posted is a old method used before the usb loaders were released, now you only have to download the open ps2 loader/ usb loader v0.3 RC1 to play backups on your ps3, and thats it, opening your ps3 will void your warranty btw so it's not a good idea. (only the 60gb ps3s in europe and 80gb ps3 in america play ps2 games current ps3 models like the slim do not play ps2 games!)
3. The 60GB model is the best, it has all the features from every other model, and if you need more storage the hard drive is upgradeable.
4. Online gaming is free!
i wouldn't say that, yes the 60gb model is good because it has everything but they are well known for having the YLOD (yellow light of death) google it for more info. i would get a slim ps3 if you want it to last (note slims cannot install linux only the fat models can!)

Hope this helps!

T...

blitzer320 said:
anything that the ps3 doesn't play dealing with media can be streamed to it using ps3 media server its really good if you have at least a dual core pc

nope, i have a intel Pentium 4 pc and media stream works fine from my PC to my ps3, it doesn't matter about specs, it's all about your internet connection, if it has crap speeds it's not worth it, if you have good speeds, like 10mbps they you are good to go.

Devante said:
Everytime I put my HDD USB drive into the PS3 and try to load a movie, it won't even recognize any movies as on the HDD.

I have them buried in a folder, but doesn't the PS3 read folders?
And they are the right format.

I click video and it says no movies found.

edit: I just figured out you have to press TRIANGLE on "Video" to browse the entire drive.

on your external hard drive you need to create a folder called "VIDEO" ( "your drive letter so for example E: and then the folder "VIDEO" ) and put you divx files in there, then when you load them up on the ps3, just select your hard drive in the video section on your ps3 and they will load up straight away without you having to press triangle, make sure they are encoded properly as the ps3 can be fussy when it comes to media files.

QUOTE(Dead End @ Jan 2 2010, 07:31 AM) I have some Questions...

-Can you Change your Avatar's Height?

yes, you can change height, skin colour, eye colour, nose and so on, basically everything in home.

QUOTE(Turtle @ Jan 1 2010, 05:56 AM)
I find with alot of my dvd's, the PS3 is very touchy. If there's the slightest scratch, it'll get jittery and skip forward three scenes. D:

use better media, throw out that horrible memorex, my DVDRs play fine i use verbatim high grade A media. or even better still play the file via divx and pop it on a memory card, problem solved!

heh i am bored so i decided to help around here, so many misguided posts....

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
Is it possible to use a PS2-controller with a PS3 by using a PS2-to-USB-adapter? Or maybe another way?

yes but it is pointless because games that require sixaxis movement you won't be able to use as the ps2 controller doesn't have that feature, also no PS button, how are you going to quit the game?...

QUOTE(honeypa @ Jan 4 2010, 12:50 AM) I heard that the PS3 can only read USB Drives with a maximum of 120GB, and it can't read anything more than that. Furthermore, the only file system that the PS3 supports is FAT32, and that file system(FAT32) can only can have a maximum of 4GB per file. Can someone please confirm if this information is accurate?

nope, max size is 2TB.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jalaneme said:
SpaceJump said:
Is it possible to use a PS2-controller with a PS3 by using a PS2-to-USB-adapter? Or maybe another way?

yes but it is pointless because games that require sixaxis movement you won't be able to use as the ps2 controller doesn't have that feature, also no PS button, how are you going to quit the game?...
With the first Sixaxis controller. The PS2-controller is for the 2nd player in SF4
wink2.gif

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i totally forgot about this usb ps2 iso. thanks, but quesitons; does it run smooth or is it pretty shaky / loads slow (since ps2 is usb 1.1)? Also, does firmware version matter or can be done on any firmware (3.15 and below)

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Turtle said:
Dead End said:
is it possible to use a Wii GH Guitar for a PS3 GH Game?
No, it's not possible.

Actually yeah you can due to a recent invention called the CROSS PLAY ADAPTER made by DATEL (without this you cannot use a wii guitar with PS3!)

FjH1wBkwkb.jpg

Unlock the potential of your Wii™ Guitar Hero™ guitar
• Simply snap in the Cross Play™ wireless adapter
• Turn your guitar into a 2.4Ghz wireless guitar for Guitar Hero™/Rock Band™ PS3® and Wii™
• Easy to use - Simply select PS3® or Wii™ - Rock Band™ or Guitar Hero™
• 100% Unofficial

v4c6ql1gAu.jpg

shop01media stocks them €22,95/£20,66/$29,26

LINK

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
djricekcn said:
i totally forgot about this usb ps2 iso. thanks, but quesitons; does it run smooth or is it pretty shaky / loads slow (since ps2 is usb 1.1)? Also, does firmware version matter or can be done on any firmware (3.15 and below)

it's crap, 90% of the games do not load and it is a waste of time, only certain games load ok but the loading times are very slow, i don't use it anymore because i have a 80gb with BC removed (EU previous 60gb died with YLOD), i prefer to use my modded ps2 for games now, the open ps2 loader works on all firmwares if you still want to give it a try (swap magic 3.6 or 3.8 required)

QUOTE(SpaceJump @ Jan 16 2010, 08:02 PM) With the first Sixaxis controller. The PS2-controller is for the 2nd player in SF4
wink2.gif

fair enough, if it's only for street fighter 4.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Turtle said:
Dead End said:
is it possible to use a Wii GH Guitar for a PS3 GH Game?
No, it's not possible.

Actually yeah you can due to a recent invention called the CROSS PLAY ADAPTER made by DATEL (without this you cannot use a wii guitar with PS3!)

FjH1wBkwkb.jpg

Unlock the potential of your Wii™ Guitar Hero™ guitar
• Simply snap in the Cross Play™ wireless adapter
• Turn your guitar into a 2.4Ghz wireless guitar for Guitar Hero™/Rock Band™ PS3® and Wii™
• Easy to use - Simply select PS3® or Wii™ - Rock Band™ or Guitar Hero™
• 100% Unofficial

v4c6ql1gAu.jpg

shop01media stocks them €22,95/£20,66/$29,26

LINK
Sweet Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't...