what is A9LH good for?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by grindbart, Mar 18, 2016.

1. grindbart
    OP

grindbart GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2008
    Gambia, The
    i bought a 2DS with FW 8.1 and searched the net for a PSP like firmware - found a felt million tutorials,with and without soldering - but what is A9LH good for? seems its the new cool kid on the block,nobody introduces to me in a tutorial

thanks in advance!

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    It good for being able to run your CFW on your sysNAND without having you an update remove your loader/CFW. It also has a 100% boot rate success into both emuNAND and sysNAND compared to MenuHax, which has an 80% to 95% boot rate.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Mar 18, 2016
  3. lordkaos

lordkaos GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    if you take the psp scene for example, it's acts kind of like a cfw permanent patch with recovery options at boot.

Last edited by lordkaos, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    This should help: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
    You can do even more than that, though.
    Arm9loaderhax lets you recover with Decrypt9.

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  5. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    You can start emunand or sysnand without extra time compared to a normal system start (well almost)
    N3DS normal start: 9sek
    N3DS emunand start with AuReiNand and arm9loaderhax: 10sek
    N3DS emunand start with AuReiNand and menuhax: 28sek.

Raylight likes this.
  6. tipsytoto

tipsytoto GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    United States
    pros:
    100% bootrate vs 80-90% via other methods
    Boot speed is similar to turning on an unhacked 3ds whereas normal cfw takes 3-4x times longer to boot
    Expanded protection against bricking your system
    Supposedly superior compatibility with VC games(didn't personally notice better performance but haven't extensively tested
    1-2GBs of additional storage on your sd card if you choose to go the "Updated Sysnand" route

cons:
    Nail bitingly long and potentially risky installation process (Easy to brick if you don't follow and understand the instructions well. If you follow them to the letter, you're probably fine)
    No easy out of the box region free as of yet. Possible to patch it in after the fact but a bit cloodgey compared to rxtools just having it

This is the definitive guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Good luck!

NekoMichi and Raylight like this.
  7. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    Actually installation of A9LH is pretty quick, took me just under 2 hours with being talked thourgh it (was feeling lazy) that was including breaks.

The patch isnt dodgy at all for region free and its completely safe to rty thanks to A9LH offering quick recovery methods

8. Red46

Red46 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2016
    Italy
    Installing it, it's not that hard. I've got a 3ds just last week and within 20 minutes of getting it, I was following the Plailect's guide. As a total neophyte on 3ds hacking, I didn't understand half of the terms of that guide and was as inexperienced as you could possibly be, yet I managed to install it without bricking anything. Granted it took me the better part of an afternoon to go through all that guide, especially the 9.2.0 upgrade, took me a couple hours just to get sysupdater to work, but after that, the major time loss was the backups and nand restores. If you follow that guide verbatim and take time to double and triple check every step, you should be fine.