Hacking what is A9LH good for?

grindbart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i bought a 2DS with FW 8.1 and searched the net for a PSP like firmware - found a felt million tutorials,with and without soldering - but what is A9LH good for? seems its the new cool kid on the block,nobody introduces to me in a tutorial

thanks in advance!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It good for being able to run your CFW on your sysNAND without having you an update remove your loader/CFW. It also has a 100% boot rate success into both emuNAND and sysNAND compared to MenuHax, which has an 80% to 95% boot rate.

Last edited by The Catboy,

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought a 2DS with FW 8.1 and searched the net for a PSP like firmware - found a felt million tutorials,with and without soldering - but what is A9LH good for? seems its the new cool kid on the block,nobody introduces to me in a tutorial

thanks in advance!

if you take the psp scene for example, it's acts kind of like a cfw permanent patch with recovery options at boot.

Last edited by lordkaos,

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should help: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
It good for being able to run your CFW on your sysNAND without (in theory) having you and update remove your loader/CFW. It also has a 100% boot rate success into both emuNAND and sysNAND compared to MenuHax, which has an 80% to 95% boot rate.
You can do even more than that, though.
if you take the psp scene for example, it's kind of like a cfw permanent patch with recovery options at boot.
Arm9loaderhax lets you recover with Decrypt9.

Reactions: The Catboy

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pros:
100% bootrate vs 80-90% via other methods
Boot speed is similar to turning on an unhacked 3ds whereas normal cfw takes 3-4x times longer to boot
Expanded protection against bricking your system
Supposedly superior compatibility with VC games(didn't personally notice better performance but haven't extensively tested
1-2GBs of additional storage on your sd card if you choose to go the "Updated Sysnand" route

cons:
Nail bitingly long and potentially risky installation process (Easy to brick if you don't follow and understand the instructions well. If you follow them to the letter, you're probably fine)
No easy out of the box region free as of yet. Possible to patch it in after the fact but a bit cloodgey compared to rxtools just having it

This is the definitive guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Good luck!

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pros:
cons:
Nail bitingly long and potentially risky installation process (Easy to brick if you don't follow and understand the instructions well. If you follow them to the letter, you're probably fine)
No easy out of the box region free as of yet. Possible to patch it in after the fact but a bit cloodgey compared to rxtools just having it

This is the definitive guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Good luck!

Actually installation of A9LH is pretty quick, took me just under 2 hours with being talked thourgh it (was feeling lazy) that was including breaks.

The patch isnt dodgy at all for region free and its completely safe to rty thanks to A9LH offering quick recovery methods

Red46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Installing it, it's not that hard. I've got a 3ds just last week and within 20 minutes of getting it, I was following the Plailect's guide. As a total neophyte on 3ds hacking, I didn't understand half of the terms of that guide and was as inexperienced as you could possibly be, yet I managed to install it without bricking anything. Granted it took me the better part of an afternoon to go through all that guide, especially the 9.2.0 upgrade, took me a couple hours just to get sysupdater to work, but after that, the major time loss was the backups and nand restores. If you follow that guide verbatim and take time to double and triple check every step, you should be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k