Gaming What ever happened to Animal Crossing Wii?

Talaria

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Okay I will admit it since i got my wii (Yesterday) I have been shamefully been excited for the Animal Crossing Wii. Now i have been looking at this game before the launch in 2006 when it was announced it has now been over a year with no updates or even a long off release date for Japan (still tba on the gaming websites I visited) or a mere screenshot, interview or trailer. I just found it quite amusing as most games will have some form of publicity like screenshots, interview's with the developers or even some form of new gameplay ideas like how they are going to use some wii motion controls to ruin the game and make the game dull and frustrating for everyone, half-a-year or even a year before the game is released.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I would be surprised if it wasnt released this year (In japan at least).

I think Nintendo want to keep quiet till SSBB is on the market, and perhaps even Mario Kart.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I reckon when the SSBB hype goes down after release they'll announce it, they always have a couple of big titles in store and after SSBB all there seems to be is Mario Kart and Kirby.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did they ever announce an Animal Crossing Wii?

I'm sure I've read many interviews from Nintendo devs (including Shigsy) saying that they're working on it.

Well, I've seen interviews saying they have been throwing ideas around, but I don't consider that the same as an official announcement from Nintendo saying they are making it. Maybe I missed an interview somewhere though.
It was probably just that really, its best to wait for an announcement but I can't see them not continuing it considering how well the DS game did.

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully we have NES games this time.

I love Animal Crossing, it was a good game.

I hope they re-add some of the event/holidays from GC version...I missed them in DS version.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Edge Magazine published that Animal Crossing Wii was in the works, and that it would be a MMO game. Nintendo hasn't done any official announcements yet.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/animal-crossing/a...-mmo-314383.php

Yeah, but technically still a rumor. MMO could take many forms, as well. Merely having the capability to interact with a massive community of online players is enough to constitute an MMO. We're talkin' about Nintendo here, though, so their vision of an MMO will likely be somewhat different from what many folks might imagine when they consider that acronym.
wink.gif

Still very much looking forward to it. AC is probably my favorite Zen game -- digital or otherwise. I love the concept, and if we even get a level of interaction equal to Wild World I'll be content. The main attraction for me, though, is merely hanging out and doing nothing in a virtual world, which is usually better than the real world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT