Android What else than calling do you use your android phone for?

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Title says it all.
What else than calling/messaging do you use your android phone for?

I use mine for:
Browsing the internet/social media. (like GBAtemp, twitter and youtube)
I use DriveDroid, for using my phone as a bootable USB
I use it for storage (things i need to have with me. although only the most important stuff)
I use it for listening to music. A lot.
I use it for emulators! My galaxy s6 is more than capable with 3 GB LPDDR4 ram and an 8-Core 2.1GHZ Processor.
I use it for tinkering. like custom roms, and stuff like that.

Fatih120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I dont even use it to call

Mostly for playing dumb games/good games that are actually awesome for being on a phone/GBA games that no one's heard of

Also for Twitter/LINE, and web browsing

Can't even use the Youtube app so I have to use it through Chrome :'(

Oh yeah and a crap ton of modding the phone

also music

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I use it to listen to audiobooks and to read books. Used to read on Twitter every day, and sometimes play games on it, but that was a while ago now.

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I work in a very remote/isolated places and i fly 4 or 5 times per month, so my Galaxy S6 literally serves as everything for me.

-MP3 player
-Movie player
-Internet browser
-Email
-Facebook and messenger
-I have a card/USB reader

It serves everything that a PC can do basically. It's insane that my first computer back in 2000 was 733mHz CPU clock and the tower was massive. Now my smart phone has quad core 2.1 ghz and it fits in my pocket.

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
that's why micro sd is a requirement for me..
removable battery would be cool but i have to live with non removable batteries now...
i know...
i am urging to buy a new phone just to get expandable storage. but that would be expensive, and the s7 isn't worth the upgrade at all, due to the lack of custom roms etc. the s6 doesn't have much either, but it's better than the s7.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
anyway, this is the main uses for my phone:
-Navigation\maps weirdly no one yet mentioned this, it's one of the biggest functions.. and for me it's incredible useful..
almost replaced my computer... only use for the computer now is to browse gbatemp, more praticall internet browsing (because keyboard and mouse) and storage of all my games and stuff..
-playing wasting time simulators with lots of macro transactions and advertizing.. (aka android games)
-clock function
-internet radio receiver (plug it to AUX on the car and listen to online radios or spotify
-check the weather
-TV REMOTE (yays for IR blaster)
-media player
-checking movie goofs on imdb while watching the movie, it makes watching movies a second time more fun
-searching for answers to questions that you got\learning stuff (for example the other day i asked myself, can a person stand under a helicopter while it takes off?)
-translator\dictionary
-price check\reviews of a product i am concidering purchasing in a phisical store..

i did not root yet because the phone is not even 1 year old.. when i first got it, there was a problem with the touch thing (if i put my finger on the screen, it detected random imputs all over the screen) this problem stopped and it didn't appear again.. and i don' want to loose the 2 years warranty..

PetitMagique

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order of most to least usage for me:

Wifi Tethering
Dictation
Navigation
Web Browsing
Reddit
Camera (the 6p is actually quite capable)
Music
Voice calls

Last edited by PetitMagique,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1