What DS Version For GBA Roms

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by shizdan, Dec 16, 2010.

Dec 16, 2010
  1. shizdan
    OP

Newcomer shizdan Member

United States
    I have been meaning to get a DS but there are so many versions and flashcards. What I'm looking for is perfect GBA emulation with Roms (So I dont have to carry around all my old GBA games)

2. shango46

Member shango46 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Supercard DSTwo has GBA emulation I believe. There is also the EZ Flash if you are getting the DS Lite, but I would recommend getting the DSi XL and a DSTwo card.

3. DryYoshi

Member DryYoshi Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi

Netherlands
    If you want emulation, get SuperCard DSTWO
    If you want simulation, get an R4\Acekard\EZ Flash etc. with an EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack (it's what I did, R4+Expansion)

4. Pyrmon

Member Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Canada
    I think you should go with a DS Lite, an acekard 2i and an EZ flash 3-in-1. That should give you pretty good compatibility and the ability to play the newer DS games along with your old GBA games. Or you could wait until the DSTWO or iEvo are capable of near-perfect emulation(could be possible if DSi mode is cracked) and get an XL.

EDIT: Also, you should post in the Ask GBAtemp section, so others who have the same question won't have to make another topic.

5. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    It really depends on your preference.

If you get a DSi, you can use the Supercard DSTwo to emulate GBA.

If you get a DS/DSL, you can use the Supercard DSTwo or get a slot 2 device and almost any cart to emulate GBA.

6. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    You have absolutely no options then. If you want perfect, use a GBA with the cartridges.

(and I'm talking literally perfect, as in capable of playing every single game with no patch whatsoever, BIOS support, emulation of the dual BIOS used for playing GB/GBC games, possibly simulation of the missing backlight)

7. shizdan
    OP

Newcomer shizdan Member

United States
    So I'm thinking DS Lite and most likely a Supercard DSTwo. It seems to have amazing like 9/10 compatability.