Gaming What DS Version For GBA Roms

shizdan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been meaning to get a DS but there are so many versions and flashcards. What I'm looking for is perfect GBA emulation with Roms (So I dont have to carry around all my old GBA games)

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want emulation, get SuperCard DSTWO
If you want simulation, get an R4\Acekard\EZ Flash etc. with an EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack (it's what I did, R4+Expansion)

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think you should go with a DS Lite, an acekard 2i and an EZ flash 3-in-1. That should give you pretty good compatibility and the ability to play the newer DS games along with your old GBA games. Or you could wait until the DSTWO or iEvo are capable of near-perfect emulation(could be possible if DSi mode is cracked) and get an XL.

EDIT: Also, you should post in the Ask GBAtemp section, so others who have the same question won't have to make another topic.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on your preference.

If you get a DSi, you can use the Supercard DSTwo to emulate GBA.

If you get a DS/DSL, you can use the Supercard DSTwo or get a slot 2 device and almost any cart to emulate GBA.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shizdan said:
perfect GBA emulation with Roms
You have absolutely no options then. If you want perfect, use a GBA with the cartridges.

(and I'm talking literally perfect, as in capable of playing every single game with no patch whatsoever, BIOS support, emulation of the dual BIOS used for playing GB/GBC games, possibly simulation of the missing backlight)

shizdan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm thinking DS Lite and most likely a Supercard DSTwo. It seems to have amazing like 9/10 compatability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4