Hacking what DS flash kit to buy?

kentasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got the old DS (yes the gray big one)
any way i was using the "supercard cf" so far, but because supercard company stopped update it it doesn't work with lots of the the new games (especially with the new zelda)
so i have no other choice but to buy a new one.

so which one will be the best for me? and i rather a company that often get update and that can run everything whit out problems

any suggestions?

(* also, is it truth that the company of R4 has abandon it? so it doesnt getting any updates any more?)

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i + AKAIO (unofficial firmware but Norm here does good work on updating and bypassing ap faster then pretty much anyone) or M3 (I find that their official support is the best official support
tongue.gif
)

Yes the R4 doesn't get official updates anymore.

S

sumarth

m3 ds real, or if you plan to upgrade later or your friends have a dsi, m3i zero at dealextreme for $21 usd

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
+1 for Acekard and AKAIO. If you do a search you'll find many people recommending that, or a Cyclo DS if you want more features.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a CycloDS.

They don't have updates very often, but they don't need to.
I haven't run into a game that I couldn't run after finding a fix on this site in the first few days.

kentasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the help,

so im thinking to go with the CycloDS or the Acekard 2 (or should it be the Acekard 2i?)

what the different between them?
can i run GBA games on them?
what abut running movies and music? (without using monnshell?)
both of them are "drag and drop" right? no need for any spacial software for uploading the roms?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Both are drag and drop.
Both need moonshell for movies and music.
Both need a Ez flash 3 in 1 to run gba games.
The Cyclo has a bunch of features. Such as rts, rtc, and rtg. They mean Real Time Save/Cheats/Guide. The Acekard is more of a really basic cart with probably the best compatibility with Norm and akaio.
smile.gif
Personally I think you should get a 2i instead of a 2.1. It's only like $2-3 difference on DX at least.

S

sumarth

m3 ds real / m3i zero
get a cyclo if you want to waste money, get a acekard if you do not want features

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I have the acekard 2i and the cyclods, definately go for the acekard, my cyclo isn't being used much at all now, due to the speedy loader updates, that fix these newer games on the acekard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol