What does "Key () must be 32 hex digits!" means?

Arthurfogo7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sem título454543.png

I want to merge the update with the base game .nsp, for academic purposes, but everytime I try this message shows up. Is my key file wrong? I don't have other ones.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Necro bump, but I didn't think an identical thread was warranted in this case. I'm having the same issue. I am trying to run Metroid Dread Randomizer, and cannot extract my saved NSP to save my life. I have my prod.keys saved as keys.ini in the program directory, but that still results in this exact same error.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
you need to keys.bin prod.keys or similar on the correspondent folder.
I have my prod.keys saved as keys.ini in the program directory, but that still results in this exact same error.
I already said that I have the correct file...

Edit:

1695215664083.png

1695215700119.png

Post automatically merged:

Okay, apparently I need the .tik file to extract the NCAs, which I no longer have access to (I have long since gotten rid of the Switch the NSP came from). What are my options without a Switch? I cannot simply create a .tik file that has everything zeroed out except the manually inputter title key, right? Or is it really that easy?
Post automatically merged:

Okay, problem solved! Apparently, my NSP was using standard crypto, so I needed to unpack the NCAs without extracting them, then use the `NCA > Extract Decrypted NCA > Romfs folder` option (or 1 > 1 > 2), and drag and drop the biggest NCA. After that everything went smoothly. Extracted with no errors.

Last edited by Maq47,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s