What do i need to do to use a flashcart?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dragoatmanard, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Dragoatmanard
    OP

Dragoatmanard Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    Hello, i have been doing a lot of looking into playing ds roms on my 3ds, dsi, or ds lite (was trying to find which system was the simplest to do so on), and i have come to the conclusion that i should use a flashcart. I've been trying to look into which flashcart to get, and whether to get one that's works better with my 3ds or ds lite, but its all confusing to me and all the research in the world isn't helping my brain to understand it. None of my systems are homebrewed, and none of them have cfw. I just want to find a flashcart that will let me play ds roms, and will allow me to save my games. I have seen the r4i gold 3ds plus posted around, but i don't know if it will work on my 3ds without some sort of modifications, like homebrew or cfw, and i don't know if it would work on my ds lite if i wanted to use it there. I really don't want to go around buying flashcarts without knowing for sure if they will work or not, so i am hoping that someone with more know-how in this field will be able to help me. Thank you for any help you can give :)

2. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
  3. Dragoatmanard
    OP

Dragoatmanard Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    So, just to be sure, i need to follow all of those steps to use the flashcart?

4. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    No you just need the kernel to play ds games.Thats if you want to install cfw on your 3ds.