Hacking What could be the cause of a game sending you back to the system menu when loading? (WiiFlow)

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey-o. I'm asking this for a friend because this is the case for him.
I've been basically instructing him over the web on getting backups to work from scratch (and through an SD card, so that's why I didn't choose USB Loader GX as the loader).
He's got everything working, up until the point that starting a game on WiiFlow sends him straight back to the system menu.
I doubt it's because of a bad game dump, because I sent the same game files that I use for mine, and they work fine. And we even installed the cIOS from this guide: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/
In case you're wondering, they were two: cIOS 249 base 56 v10 beta53-alt & cIOS 250 base 57 v10 beta52. We installed it twice (through online) just to be safe, but no luck.
Is there anything else that would be the cause of this? I'd greatly appreciate any help.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try installing beta52 as IOS249[56] instead of using beta53. I don't know why the guide suggests that.

Usually resetting after the loader launches the game is a cIOS issue or a drive partitioning problem.

Reactions: TamDanny

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh wow, that did the trick! Thanks for the help!
May I ask why that version was the cause? Kinda strange because I used the same cIOS verisons in mine (then again I'm not sure if using USB Loader GX is a factor).

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask why that version was the cause? Kinda strange because I used the same cIOS verisons in mine (then again I'm not sure if using USB Loader GX is a factor).

Beta53 has changes to the USB code to make it work with both ports but apparently it breaks compatibility with some drives and games.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

It was clearly stated in the guide that:
"There are many different configurations you can make when installing cIOSs. This guide merely shows our own recommendations, based on the experience of the general community. They should work fine for 99% of all cases."

but with time advancing and newer drives/apps appeared, the quoted 99% might no longer be valid but still users should try to understand instead of following the guide blindly.
If you traced back to the cios's developer's page https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/wiki/How-to-choose-the-d2x-distribution-fitting-your-needs, you will see that d2x-alt is meant for ppl using the other usb port on the Wii and has lower compatibility for nand emulation - although even the developer might not know it has lower compatibility with hdds too at the time of development.

You have a very good case of the recommended setup works for you but not for your friend. I wonder what will happen if you took your hdd to your friend before he replaced the cios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-