Hacking What controls the Nintendo 3DS\id folder creation?

TheGlow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I'm having an issue getting the eshop to work on my daughter's 2DS, error 022-2634.
I have followed several guides but none of them are working on this system in particular.
When I format the emunand it then tends to create a new folder, for instance Nintendo 3DS\
e1bxxxx is sysnand
901xxxx is emunand.
Once I format, either in system or even TinyFormat it will have emunand start using a new folder, in this case, 0c0xxxx. So out of curiosity I TinyFormat that instance and now its actually using t he original sysnand e1bxxxx folder.

After a tinyformat I can set up the NNID and confirm eshop works but once I restore the emunand it is now using the original emunand 901xxxx folder and causes the error again.

However on another 2DS I did TinyFormat in Emunand, the folders did not change. I set up NNID, confirmed Eshop works. Restored Emunand from emunand.bin and done. This was under 20 mins. The other one I have done several times for nearly 5 hours now.

So what makes the system decide to create a new Nintendo 3DS folder? What about when it decides to reuse? I saw when it decided to merge emu with sysnand folder in e1bxxxx, that there are now 2 subfolders in there, where there is usually 1.

Or how can I merge the good emu w/ games/saves with the emu w/ working eshop? Like copying the contents of the folder to the other work? I would need to restore the titles I believe? Is that possible? Most things I have come across seem to mention just exporting and importing to same system and ID's which seems to be the problem I'm having with the folders jumping around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1