What causes Expection(DSI) occured?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SONYEDDIE, Jul 2, 2009.

Jul 2, 2009
  1. SONYEDDIE
    OP

Newcomer SONYEDDIE Member

United States
    I've looked through forums and see "Exception (DSI) occured!", followed by a lot of numbers/letters and a code dump, happen for different applications.
    Is there an universal fix for this?

One particular problem I'm having is with Waninkoko's Savegame Manager.
    When I try and extract Super Smash Brothers Brawl..after a while of "extracting" I get that error.
    Looking for a way to fix that.

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    These code dumps do not really have a universal fix. You could reinstall cIOS just to be sure...(I forget if savegame manager uses that or not).

They generally are caused by a combo of buggy software and how one's wii is set up. For instance, i don't know why, but i cannot use Coverfloader on my wii, and FTPii tends to crash occasionally for no apparent reason. My friend has a wii that used to dump if he ran SNES9x. It was fixed with a new version of 9x.

Not sure what's up with savegame manager...Is it only brawl data that causes it? Have you tried the old save extraction tools (those 2 separate ones that you have to put a disc in for)? Do they work?

3. SONYEDDIE
    OP

Newcomer SONYEDDIE Member

United States
    Yeah, the two separate ones work fine. But savegame manager is a lot more convenient because it's all in one, and you don't have to have the disc. And yeah it's only brawl. Thanks for that info, btw.

4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It might just be brawl data then...not sure what else could be wrong. Anyway, i'm typing this with the wii's onscreen KB, so i'll keep this short. (i'm out of town, brought my wii.).