Hacking What card to get?

Rezel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to get a flashcard next week. And I'm having trouble picking one.
I want one that doesn't cost that much, but still is reliable.
I've been thinking about the DSTT. Are there any better ones in the price range?

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read the reviews and do a search for this topic at less two are started every day

best place lowest price is dealextreme.com

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
will every newbie stop making some silly thread about what flascard to buy. read the official reviews

edit: you beat me to it
smile.gif

Rezel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have read the reviews. For your information.
And I know that dealextreme is the cheapest place.

My problems with the reviews are that I read then and then I read one negative thing and i start to over think things.
That's why I want your opinons on what card to get. =P

kingkevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rezel, i know EXACTLY where your coming from. Their is nothing wrong with you posting this. I did research for hours and even read like fifteen "what should i buy" topics before i ended up posting a "what should i buy" topic myself. It can be confusing with all of the different types out now. Edge seems to be really popular at the moment and fairly reliable for its good price.
smile.gif

I would try an Edge. ITs what I ordered a few days ago from dealextreme.com

Dont get an acekard 2. Their still faulty and dont seem to last more than 2 months for the average person.

Rezel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to hear that at least someone has had the same trouble as me.
Yeah, it stands between DSTT and Edge for me. Edge seems to be pretty good. At least having a better menu than DSTT.
But then again DSTT is 10$ cheaper... I'll have to think about that for a while.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kingkevin said:
Dont get an acekard 2. Their still faulty and dont seem to last more than 2 months for the average person.

Upon what do you base this conclusion? The "average person" never received a faulty AK2, even from the older batches that were estimated to have a 15% to 20% return rate. But those faulty AK2's were from older batches. Acekard recognized the problem and corrected it. I've seen no reports of faulty Acekard 2's from newer batches (the newest of which are available on dealextreme.com and have been completely redesigned).

Even if you happened to get a bad one (which again is now about as likely as with any flash cart) most reputable stores stand behind their products and will exchange it for a new one (dealextreme.com pays return shipping if you receive a faulty flash cart).

The Acekard 2 has one of the best menus of any cart. Its menu is better than the menu of the Edge or DSTT. The Acekard 2 is only a few dollars more expensive than the DSTT and quite a bit less expensive than the Edge.

In short, the Acekard 2 would be the best choice for most people who are interested in a lower-cost flash cart. If you don't care about cost, consider a CycloDS.

-Bri

Rezel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri: That sounds good.
I've read one the Acekard forum that there where quite some faulty ones, so that one scared me right away. But you said that they are fixed now in the ones Dealextremes ships out?
That good. Then I might reconsider that one again. I also like the menu on it, at least what I can make out from different movies I've watched.
I'll read up some more on acekard then, thanks for the info.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kingkevin said:
DONT get an acekard 2. they are NOT fixed yet. please KEEP reading the current post over at that section.

I read the "Acekard" section nearly every day. Can you link to a single post where someone is complaining about a new (version 2.1) Acekard 2 being faulty?

-Bri

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you guys talking about?? The Acekard is fixed, it's now at 2.1. The faulty ones were those with the number 2 on em. And its only like 1 dollar more than a DSTT. Or you can buy an m3 ds real and get the sakura firmware, I only bought the m3 cause it was the only flashcart on amazon at the moment. ( doubt you will though, its 30-40 bux or so). Good luck...

Rezel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So they only ship out Acekard 2.1 now? Well that's good.
Well guess it will be an Acekard I order then. Still have sometime to think about it.
Thanks for all the replies, I appriciate it.

olcohalic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the same position as you mate - R4 has been abandoned, i need a new cart...

So i'll get the Acekard too methinks. Does anyone know if it has 'quick time save' or whatever it's called???

toxicflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if your in the uk then go to NDS-Gear website and get your acekard 2i from there i recently brought 2 from them and they came already loaded with the 1.4 firmware fix for DSi and they are very reasonably priced, fast delivery and as for the real time save , no it doesnt have that feature but in my opinion the best flashcard iv'e used so far

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: