GCN What can I do with this thing?

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I got one today. I still have no games (though Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are in the mail) and no memory card. I'm just finding out if I can do anything with this beyond the obvious.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Glitch up Animal Crossing by Action Replay?

Curiously... American gamecubes can often be modified to boot under the Japanese operating system. Main menu, game disc region, and memory card format.
That mode is needed for some JPN games to play glitch-free. Because modchips or Freeloader break only region lock, not toggle system language.

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Eh, I have a PAL Cube anyway. But I do have a Freeloader and 15 games (10 PAL, 5 NTSC-UC). No Action Replay though, and no Animal Crossing.

P

pasc

Wonder if you will be ok with Metroid Primes GC Controls... I started on the Wii and never want to go back, after I finished 1 Ill continue 2 on the Wii... no GC for this Game, Wii is more presice.

Also: Try Smashing Drive for the Lulz. Its a GBA Game on GC xD...

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I had no problems with them. Though I still haven't beaten Meta Ridley in Prime. So I haven't seen what 2 and 3 have to offer.

Hard to believe that the Cube was my first (working) Nintendo console, and a month later, I also picked up a cheap Wii (I saw Dead Space: Extraction cheap and had to get it). Though I've had most versions of their handhelds since 95, and I was given a broken NES (with Duckhunt but no Zapper :P).

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I still use a CRT television. I like my one though because it has enough inputs for 5 sets of composite cables (PS2, XBox, Gamecube, Wii and 360), and even a row for component, though I don't know how to make it display (I've gotten a black screen only with that one).

Little reason to upgrade for now. Most of my games are all made for SD display anyway.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I have a PAL Cube anyway. But I do have a Freeloader and 15 games (10 PAL, 5 NTSC-UC). No Action Replay though, and no Animal Crossing.

Yeah don't worry about that now. It's a game-specific matter.

English setting leads to:
memory card trouble for Radirgy, Mr Driller, Donkey Konga, etc.
corrupt text for Sonic Mega Collection, Zoids Vs III, etc.

Earlier I compared Sonic Mega Collection NTSC-J.
ENG mode
JPN mode

(and no, your eyes aren't tricking you. those are scart leads on US shores.)

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still use a CRT television. I like my one though because it has enough inputs for 5 sets of composite cables (PS2, XBox, Gamecube, Wii and 360), and even a row for component, though I don't know how to make it display (I've gotten a black screen only with that one).

Little reason to upgrade for now. Most of my games are all made for SD display anyway.
Dude How can you play COD on a CRT ? I have one and I can't even see my red dot, I swichted to plasma

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just stare at the screen and play the game. My eyes still work.

Besides, I don't really play Call of Duty. I do own a couple of the 360 games that I got off a friend, but don't really care for the series. I play PS2 most of the time, or handhelds.

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well, Oblivion was okay, but I only really liked it once I had bought a house, and then started to find caves to loot. Screw the rest of the game. I'll likely pick up Skyrim when it gets dirt cheap for the same reason.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skyrim is amazing , Graphics are unbelievable, Tons of gameplay. I got a house relativley soon .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all