Homebrew What can I do with A9LH?

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
(I know many are gonna troll,flame or whatever,but this question is kinda specific)

So,I have an Old 3ds system on version 9.2 EUR

I have :

• A Gateway flashcard,which is mostly unnecessary since I play my games out of cias (Emunand was updated to the latest version)
  • A R4 Clone flashcard for DS games.
  • (In the same SD as the Gateway cia n stuff) VC cias
The question is consisted of various parts:

1. What can A9LH provide you,in terms of software or customizing?
  2. What else will I get by installing A9LH? (Don't mention boot speed)
  3. How high/low are the chances I get a brick or semi-brick ?
  4. After installing A9LH,what can lead me to have the 3ds un-homebrewd ? (I mean,what should I be aware of ?)
  5. (This question is for another 2ds,which only has homebrew installed,and nothing else,but is on version 11.2) Can I use A9LH to downgrade that system to 9.2? Is that even needed? Is it risky ?
  6. Lastly,is playing DS games stilll possible after the A9LH process? (I had a hard time making the flashcard showing up already,so that's why I'm asking)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I know many are gonna troll,flame or whatever,but this question is kinda specific)

So,I have an Old 3ds system on version 9.2 EUR

I have :

• A Gateway flashcard,which is mostly unnecessary since I play my games out of cias (Emunand was updated to the latest version)
  • A R4 Clone flashcard for DS games.
  • (In the same SD as the Gateway cia n stuff) VC cias
The question is consisted of various parts:

1. What can A9LH provide you,in terms of software or customizing?
  2. What else will I get by installing A9LH? (Don't mention boot speed)
  3. How high/low are the chances I get a brick or semi-brick ?
  4. After installing A9LH,what can lead me to have the 3ds un-homebrewd ? (I mean,what should I be aware of ?)
  5. (This question is for another 2ds,which only has homebrew installed,and nothing else,but is on version 11.2) Can I use A9LH to downgrade that system to 9.2? Is that even needed? Is it risky ?
  6. Lastly,is playing DS games stilll possible after the A9LH process? (I had a hard time making the flashcard showing up already,so that's why I'm asking)
1:2gb free on your sd card, and loading decrypt9 at boot.

2: same as the first question really, though not only is bootspeed faster but works 100 percent of the time.

3: unbelievablely low. As long as you dont close a n3ds on 2.1 or use another console's otp.

4: You're pretty much invincible. Even most bricks such as say messing with the home menu can be restored via nand backup, unlike menuhax.

5:not even. You can downgrade any 3ds on 11.2 directly to 2.1 to install a9lh.

6.the flashcart is the better option, but ds rom loading is being tested an experimented on. A handfull of games run perfectly, while a greater amount are only playable. Most games though just give a white screen, among these being pokemon
If you want though, you can make ds game forwarders on your home menu for your flashcart.

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1:2gb free on your sd card, and loading decrypt9 at boot.

2: same as the first question really, though not only is bootspeed faster but works 100 percent of the time.

3: unbelievablely low. As long as you dont close a n3ds on 2.1 or use another console's otp.

4: You're pretty much invincible. Even most bricks such as say messing with the home menu can be restored via nand backup, unlike menuhax.

5:not even. You can downgrade any 3ds on 11.2 directly to 2.1 to install a9lh.

6.the flashcart is the better option, but ds rom loading is being tested an experimented on. A handfull of games run perfectly, while a greater amount are only playable. Most games though just give a white screen, among these being pokemon
If you want though, you can make ds game forwarders on your home menu for your flashcart.

Firstly,thanks for your answer,I really appreciate it

Secondly,what does having Decrypt9 help with ? I've only heard about using it to transfer OTPs or NAND dumps to PC or something,but by using the term ''software'' I meant more like games,random apps and such.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly,thanks for your answer,I really appreciate it

Secondly,what does having Decrypt9 help with ? I've only heard about using it to transfer OTPs or NAND dumps to PC or something,but by using the term ''software'' I meant more like games,random apps and such.
Decrypt9 can dump games, backup and restore the nand, and a fee other small useful things. The reason i mention it is a9lh really has just as many applications as manuhax it's just simpler since you have sysnand with fast bootup.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypt9 can dump games, backup and restore the nand, and a fee other small useful things. The reason i mention it is a9lh really has just as many applications as manuhax it's just simpler since you have sysnand with fast bootup.

isnt decrypt9 outdated though? I think hourglass9 it the one thats still in use. (but correct me if I'm wrong)

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt decrypt9 outdated though? I think hourglass9 it the one thats still in use. (but correct me if I'm wrong)
You can load any arm9 payload, and each program has it's own unique features. Hourglas9 specializes in nand backup and restore, while decrypt9 focuses on ctrnand flashing, content decrypting, and dumping.

Reactions: HamBone41801

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hourglass9 is recommended once A9LH is installed because it removes most of the functions that could brick your system if used incorrectly.

Decrypt9WIP is needed for some steps while setting up A9LH and has some functionality that was removed from Hourglass9, including the ability to restore SysNAND without preserving A9LH. (Don't do this unless you know what you're doing.)

Reactions: HamBone41801

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place