What can I delete?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by loopyeyes, Jan 23, 2010.

Jan 23, 2010

What can I delete? by loopyeyes at 12:33 AM (1,172 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. loopyeyes
    OP

Newcomer loopyeyes Member

United States
    I just downloaded Moonshell and it seems to take up quite a bit of space in my SD Card, so I was wondering if there's anything I can delete.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5888/dsi.png

If you want to see what's inside some of the folders then just as and I'll take some more pictures.

2. Davess

Member Davess On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)

Canada
    you can delete:

Moonshl_directboot

LinktoDPGencoder.bat

whats the HTML?

3. fairlyevenparents

Member fairlyevenparents GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You don't need moon memo, unless you want to right notes in moon shell then you need it

4. loopyeyes
    OP

United States
  5. fairlyevenparents

Member fairlyevenparents GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm pretty sure you can delete that also.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=163493

Here this may be a different version of moon shell then yours but it's the same concept

Just scroll down to Setup Guide/Instructions and click it and go to the tips in it

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Silly question - but why have you got 'misctools' on your SD card ?? (I'm guessing that the same folder that came with the moonshell download ??)

IIRC that contains mainly programs for the PC. Things like the video encoder, Splash.ani creator, Skin creators etc - that in itself is ~ 55 to 65meg of space

Other things you could get rid of
    - In the '\moonshl2\' folder you'll find quite a few TXT files that you don't really need (~1Mb)
    - Also if you don't want them - you can delete the files in \moonshl2\launch\ folder (~2Mb worth)
    - In the \moonshl2\extlink\ folder - if you don't plan to run NES game emulation or use IPK (comicbook) files - you can delete the 'nes.nesterds.*' & 'ipk.nds' files (~1Mb)
    - If you're only sticking with one language e.g. English (I'm not 100% sure about this - but have tried & it doesn't seem to affect Moonshell) - but you can also delete files in the \moonshl2\language\ folder. If you're using English, just keep the files ending in '.000' (may free up ~2.8Mb)
    Oh..and Yes you CAN delete the HTML folder as well (~2Mb)

Hope this helps

7. loopyeyes
    OP

United States
    Thanks so much to everyone that's helped! It still amazes me how nice and helpful everyone is in these forums.

Now my SD Card has been freed up significantly, and it looks much more organized.

Again, thanks to everyone.

8. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    Glad to help out...Out of curiosity though - what DID you get rid of in the end ?

9. loopyeyes
    OP

United States
    Pretty much everything everyone was talking about here. I didn't delete misctools, but rather moved them on to my computer. I'll take a picture of my SD Card if you want.

10. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    No problem - You've really answered what I wanted to know about the 'Misctools' folder. I had a feeling that it was the folder full of PC tools for Moonshell - whether you delete it or mopve it to PC doesn't really matter. As long as it's removed from the SD card