What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been singing all of my life.
I also play the guitar and the harmonica.
and write alot of poetry, and sociopolitical rants, also creative nonfiction although I have slowed down writing in recently times.
I would count those as my hobbies and talents.

I've also been acting since an early age, mostly improv.

Been in bands and improv teams, but I'm a nervous reserved type of person and I shy away from having alot of attention put on me...so I'm not as focused as I should be on my talents and hobbies.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
underpressure116 said:
VVoltz™ said:
Flooded said:
I can lick my elbow.

You liar!

I on the other hand CAN sing along all the songs from the movie Across the Universe, THAT is having madz skillz!

TBH, I HATED that movie. I thought the covers were some of the worst Beatle's covers I've ever heard and I feel the story was watered down to cater to a teenage, ignorant demographic (I'm not calling you ignorant as technically I am part of that demographic). I also feel there were points where it was trying way too hard to be artsy and points where it ignored how artistic it was. It really just couldn't find a good middle ground.[/off-topic rant]
Are you aware of the skillz of my friend laggy?, he bans people for fun, for fun and for using the words "HATED", "terrible", "cover" and "Beatles" in the same paragraph.
LOL, j/k

Laggy's abilities are bringing justice and equalness to all mankind. And GBAtemp.

BTW, you ARE calling me ignorant.
I think you are right about the story. But I still love it.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
Well, I searched and didn't find a topic discussing talents and hobbies, so I decided to make one as I've been thinking about talent a lot these past several months.
As far as I can tell, I don't possess one, it kinda sucks as so far, all my other siblings do, but thats not to say that I dont enjoy various things, I used to be athletic and I still have very good hand/eye coordination, but maybe that just means I had a healthy start on life
unsure.gif

The things I enjoy most are writing--about any and everything, fiction, non fiction, essays, whatever. Writing is the sole reason I am still sane--I enjoy drawing and cartooning though I'm not all that great at it. I'm not able to get around physically the way I used to, though I still stay (semi)active by playing backyard sports of all sorts. If I could be healed tomorrow, given good health, I'd probably sell my own blood to start a physical campaign of something crazy-extreme, like go cross country on a bike or something. I am creative, I have all sorts of ideas and plans and schemes running through my mind, but I dont ever really carry through with them, as I lack the finances or skills to do so, but I read whenever I can to help me understand stuff so that, should I live long and get the chance, I can have some of my ideas realized...

So, what are your talents?
Talent being defined as something you are good at with out too much formal or informal instruction.

What are your hobbies?
Hobbies being recreational activities that you do for pleasure or personal reward. Its ok if you benefit financially from it, but money cant be your motivation for having started it, or doing it now. Thats more like a job, thinks I.

You cant say gaming.
Thats the only rule. As everyone can safely assume that you have a gaming hobby if you're a member of this site.

You cant say anything sexual either. If you are on this site, then you're a human, regardless of any wise cracks you make about being part of some other species. As a human we can all just assume that you dedicate a large portion of your life to sexually gratifying pursuits and interests. Social etiquette dictates we keep this part of our lives as much to ourselves as possible, so that the rest of us can be comfortable.

How many of you hobbies do you indulge? Whats something you wish you could do but cant, or would like to do, but up until this point haven't?
Is there a talent that you wish you had but dont?

Oddly, I'd like to know that I have a talent, but I dont even know which one I'd want...I dont want to sing, or dance, as it doesn't seem all that too me. I would like to be a skilled artist, but thats just it, I want it as a skill. I'd love to be able to study drawing, sketching, painting, etc for like 6 or 8 months undisturbed. I want to study a martial art, but thats something I'd also like to work for...I guess I'm good with kids, but I don't particularly like them, and I'm not sure it counts as a talent...

Well, enough of my inane rambling, Tempers, discuss the topic at hand--Talents and Hobbies that you do have, would like to have, etc....

You are a very talented writer, and if that is the only talent you have then consider yourself lucky. I too am a writer, but since I am so good at almost everything else, I don't spend enough time writing and the world consequently suffers. So be happy being great at one thing!

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo-staff.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
distorted.frequency said:
You're writing a book, eh? Any chance of seeing a sneak peek preview? Haha. Before you get famous?

I wish I could write a novel too but I'm still waaaay too busy working on my fics which help me develop my writing skills in general.
tongue.gif

Actually the whole thing is written in german since I seriously want it to be published over here, but uh, I could translate some part of it... I somehow doubt I'll get famous for it though. It's just this dream I want to fullfill before I make serious business with my games. *coughs*

I am not particulary fond of fanfics, especially not of fanfic authors suddenly coming up with their own ideas if they just plainly suck, I just recently read City of Bones from that quite famous Harry Potter fanfic author and OMG.. it was SO... so... I can't even find a word for it, but man it made me lol alot. You just notice how much of a fangirl she is the whole time. Even though I think it's not a good book I'll definitely read the second... it's just too funny. XD

gizmo_gal said:
Whats your book about, and how long have you been working on it? I've been working on little series of fantasy books for about...7 years now. Keep at it =D. Maybe we'll see each other on the Oprah show in a few more years.
I-it sounds a little bit silly, but... it's about a girl named Alice and a bunch of Vampires who are currently at war with a Werewolf Clan... it's a whole lot more than that, but I kinda don't want to say too much, not only because it would spoil the whole story but I also would like to keep most of the ideas that shall bring me fame to myself until I have a contract with a Publisher. XD

And... I've not been working on it for that long, maybe one year or a little longer, maybe even a little less, but I have to admit that I am not constantly working on it, in fact the last 4 months I hardly wrote anything, you know I started the script after I had this badass dream which was like the perfect base to form a book around it and I dreamt alot of more scenes for the book, but currently my dreams have been not so inspiring, at least not for that story. *sigh*

I wonder if Oprah would invite me over from Germany? ;D

QUOTE(underpressure116 @ Jun 11 2008, 05:50 AM)
I'm mostly self-taught on organ and guitar and I'm a trained vocalist and semi-trained actor.
God, I am currently trying to teach myself playing the guitar and my fingers just won't do what I tell them to, it's really hard. ;__; But I won't give up yet! Some day I will have mastered the guitar and then I'll play it all day long and sing silly songs and my whole family will hate me for it, hurr hurr!

bahamuta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At night my strength, speed, endurance etc. is increased.
The only problem is I'm sleepy. I should sleep at day.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an artist by trade (graphic design at Clipper Magazine/Savvy Shopper for those of you in the US of A, mo-fos!), a musician at heart (been playin the guitar for almost 18 years, singing all my life, piano for 4 years, drums on-and-off for 15 years, been in and out of many bands throughout the years, doin some acoustic work with a buddy very soon, can't wait), i know far too little about everything everywhere (pointless trivia info, pop culture etc), and am REALLY quick on my feet. I wouldn't be good at Stand-Up, but throw me in an Improv situation and i'll trounce your ass
smile.gif

papyrus

Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
I dont really have a real talent. I guess im not such a talented person. When I was younger I liked to draw. I'm quite good at it but i didn't have the chance to improve that talent anymore. Now my hobbies is skateboarding but I'm quite busy schooling right now that i can't barely skate anymore.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
I have no real talents. Nothing i'm profoundly good at that your average joe isn't.. unless you count a good memory.

Hobbies? I guess cooking is one, I enjoy it. Otherwise, i'm a social creature. I enjoy going out, bout it.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm technically savvy. I'm not good at programming, but I'm good with computers in general. I'm good at fixing them if they're broken or just using them. This is true with most electronics.

I can do voices pretty well and alter my voice to a wide range of pitches and noises. I can go as low as James Earl Jones or as high as a chipmunk on helium. I can whistle well normally AND through my teeth. I can impersonate horn instruments as well.

I'm pretty good at writing. I can make a good article if I want to, but I usually don't try to.

I'm NOT very physically talented.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...