What are ya' watchin'? (series/shows)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We watched the first season of The Big Door Prize. Very good, funny. Happy it's been renewed for next year.

We caught up with Silo, it's getting really good and I'm excited for the remaining 3 episodes of the season.

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really like to watch true crimes series, loved Jeffrey Dahmer, Puppet Master, conversations with a killer series and nightstalker.
Last week I finishend Lorena, that was also a good one.

yraverageamongoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Rewatching Fresh off the Boat after seeing so many clips of it on social media.
A bit of a weird one but enjoying Bluey (the children's show, yes, that one) after being influenced by social media and seeing on TV from time to time as an Australian :D

Reactions: GeekyGuy

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Currently watchin' Raised by Wolves with Vikings' star Travis Fimmel and if you're into Science Fiction and especially the Alien franchise, you're gonna love it. Ridley Scott even did the first two episodes and you can see that imho. There's also a touch of Star Wars (the mythic religious cult and the might of a necromancer) and Star Trek (future technology) to it.

Just finished season 1 and will go on with 2 probably this weekend.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I binged all but the final episode of the first season of The Bear last night... I'd been meaning to jump on it after hearing good things when it came out last year, but it took the second season dropping for me to prioritize it.
What a show! Hard to describe, but it's got a similar vibe to The Wire and elements of The Sopranos in it's character relationships... but it's centred around a top chef taking over his dead brothers Chicago deli/sandwich shop!
Absolutely enthralling viewing.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm rewatching the old Dexter series about a serial killer. I didn't know until recently that they had added another season, ten years after the last season.
New Blood was disappointing for me, such a missed opportunity, they had one more chance to rectify what they've done in season 8 (the ending), instead, they made it worse.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New Blood was disappointing for me, such a missed opportunity, they had one more chance to rectify what they've done in season 8 (the ending), instead, they made it worse.
100% agree... although New Blood was in some ways a minor improvement over the final season, but by it's conclusion I kind of preferred how season 8's finale left things - and I absolutely hated that!

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100% agree... although New Blood was in some ways a minor improvement over the final season, but by it's conclusion I kind of preferred how season 8's finale left things - and I absolutely hated that!
Jeez where do i begin, they fucked up the Harrison story line, they wasted so much time on the father & son dynamic just so they abandon everything they tried to establish at the end, the police chief figuring out EVERYTHING little detail about Dexter was straight up BS, and of course the nonsensical ending. I could go on..
There's some news about a Dexter prequel & a spin-off in the works, not holding my breath for either..

Reactions: duwen

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I binged all but the final episode of the first season of The Bear last night... I'd been meaning to jump on it after hearing good things when it came out last year, but it took the second season dropping for me to prioritize it.
What a show! Hard to describe, but it's got a similar vibe to The Wire and elements of The Sopranos in it's character relationships... but it's centred around a top chef taking over his dead brothers Chicago deli/sandwich shop!
Absolutely enthralling viewing.
Will check it out.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished the first season of Severance. I'm still disoriented and digesting as this was a bit more out there than most shows. The cast was fantastic though and I really hope they get to do the next season as I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting.

Reactions: CoolMe and duwen

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished the first season of Severance. I'm still disoriented and digesting as this was a bit more out there than most shows. The cast was fantastic though and I really hope they get to do the next season as I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting.
Yep, Severance is a gem. Season 2 is coming, but I remember Ben Stiller saying that the first season took 2 years to make so best have some patience.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, Severance is a gem. Season 2 is coming, but I remember Ben Stiller saying that the first season took 2 years to make so best have some patience.
Apparently the production was halted due to the writer's strike (for now).. It's been a year and a few months since Season 1 ended, didn't think it would take this long, nevertheless i just hope they keep the same level of quality on all fronts, the writing/ atmosphere etc.

Reactions: felix.200 and duwen

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Season 2 of The Bear was somehow better than the first, with some awesome, award winning, guest stars really cementing it as top notch TV.
Unless they really fuck it up in subsequent seasons it looks fixed to be one of my all time favourite televisual experiences.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished the mini series Dopesick (based on true events). The absolute best quality drama I've watched in a long, long time. From start to finish, it is worth every moment.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I binged all of Mrs Davis over the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyable tale of a nun that wants to destroy the titular Mrs Davis (which is an AI app that the whole population uses to govern their lives), and is also tasked with a quest to find and destroy the Holy Grail. There are some other major plot threads that I won't spoil here, as it's best to just go on the journey somewhat blind.

Absolutely bonkers... think Davinci Code, but with the frenetic energy and craziness of Everything Everywhere All At Once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: i don't wanna even know