Hacking what are tickets and how do I find them?

Alejandro9972

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bricked my 3ds and im trying to fix it with a CTRTransfer but when I choose transfer to sysnand I get 6 errors they are:
1:/dbs/ticket.db
Error:cannot open destination file
1:/dbs/certs.db
1:/dbs/title.db
1:/dbs/import.db
1:/dbs/tmp_t.db
1:/dbs/tmp_i.db

Im using a N3ds xl with the latest firmware. does anybody know where I can get these files?

Alejandro9972

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is the one I am following

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my 3ds wouldnt turn on and everyone told me to do a CTRTransfer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have a dbs directory so do I need to make one and download tickets or something?
Ooh, is there anything else missing in the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND drive?

Your soft brick might be recoverable. However, I fear there may be important data your 3DS is missing. Check if these are still in there:
  • 1:/private/movable.sed
  • 1:/rw/sys/LocalFriendCodeSeed_B (or *_A)
  • 1:/rw/sys/SecureInfo_B (or *_A)
If you no longer have these, your 3DS has lost its unique identity.

Reactions: Escorpion

Alejandro9972

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooh, is there anything else missing in the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND drive?

Your soft brick might be recoverable. However, I fear there may be important data your 3DS is missing. Check if these are still in there:
  • 1:/private/movable.sed
  • 1:/rw/sys/LocalFriendCodeSeed_B (or *_A)
  • 1:/rw/sys/SecureInfo_B (or *_A)
If you no longer have these, your 3DS has lost its unique identity.

I don't have any of that so do I need to call nintendo I'd rather not because it would be pretty embarrassing to tell them I was trying to hack my 3ds and messed up

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any of that so do I need to call nintendo I'd rather not because it would be pretty embarrassing to tell them I was trying to hack my 3ds and messed up
Are you certain your [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND is empty? This isn't the same as [0:] SDCARD ().

It's suppose to look like this:
GodMode9 - CTRNAND.png

If those are truly missing, there's no way to retrieve or recreate those three (3) important files unless you made a prior SysNAND *.bin image from that system.
  • ######_XX########_sysnand_000.bin
Calling Nintendo won't help.. I don't think they offer service in restoring private data you lost or deleted off the NAND.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Alejandro9972

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you certain your [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND is empty? This isn't the same as [0:] SDCARD ().

It's suppose to look like this:

If those are truly missing, there's no way to retrieve or recreate those three (3) important files unless you made a prior SysNAND *.bin image from that system.
  • ######_XX########_sysnand_000.bin
Calling Nintendo won't help.. I don't think they offer service in restoring private data you lost or deleted off the NAND.

this is what it looks like
snap_190130231637.png

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what it looks like
View attachment 156709
Ooo, that's really bad. What caused your n3DSXL to brick in the first place and make you attempt CTRTransfer?

Please tell us if you made that SysNAND *.bin image before when you first hacked that 3DS and kept it somewhere safe:
  • ######_XX########_sysnand_000.bin (1.2 GB)
Your n3DSXL has no unique identifiers. This is something CTRTransfer can't fix. It would be like if you lost your driver license, passport, and citizenship making you a nobody.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Quantumcat
D

Deleted-236924

Look through S:/essential.exefs

If you've used GM9 before and never accepted the prompt to create essential.exefs (why?), then you'll have to fabricate new files or use ones from another system.

LocalFriendCodeSeed you can use from a different system, if you don't have another 3DS to get this from you can get a public one from the internet.
You might be able to forge a fake one, but that's not something I've tested, and if you're going to be getting a new LocalFriendCodeSeed you might as well get a proper one rather than inserting garbage data (if you forge a fake one, it won't work for online play, assuming that it would allow the console to boot that is.)

HWCAL0.dat and HWCAL1.dat, I'm not sure how important these are, I've had success simply using ones from another working system, but your mileage may vary as those are meant to contain system-specific calibration data.

movable.sed, you can copy one from a working console. You can do a system format afterwards to regenerate a new one. You might need to copy your LocalFriendCodeSeed into it at 0x8-0x117 first, that's not something I've tested. In a pinch, your 3DS will work without a movable.sed and allow you to play carts and digital games, but you will not be able to system format, among other possible issues.

nand_cid and otp you don't have to worry about, those aren't nand files so you can't possibly have deleted those while deleting stuff from nand. Your nand_hdr is likely fine if you only ever touched CTRNAND and nothing else, so you probably don't have to worry about that either, but if absolutely needed, GM9 lets you rebuild nand_hdr, if needed, and that might be all you'd need.

SecureInfo you can forge a fake one if needed, I am not sure if the 3DS requires the correct serial code in SecureInfo in order to boot though. You can get your serial code from the back of your system, or from the box it was packaged in (if you have that.) You can fill the signature with random garbage (all 00s or FFs is easy), enter the correct region code for your system, and then your serial code (if you don't have your serial code anymore, try any serial code, in case it works.)
If you do this, your 3DS will no longer boot without CFW, but it's better than nothing.

Get a CTRTransfer image from your region, mount it in GM9, then highlight everything with L and paste it into CTRNAND. Then delete the placeholder LFCS, SecureInfo etc. files that were present in the CTRTransfer image, and move the ones you extracted from essential.exefs into their place (you will have to rename them first), or copy the files you've forged and/or taken from another 3DS into their place.

Fix CMACs for drive 1: (Highlight [1:] on the main menu and press R+A), after this your 3DS should boot.

Optional: if you have opted to go without a movable.sed and can't system format (if you couldn't get one, etc.), you may be able to simply delete the "data" folder in CTRNAND (those are simply nand extdata and savegames that should be safe to delete, the 3DS will regenerate those on next boot or next run of the affected applications.)

Note that if you choose to go without a movable.sed, or if you couldn't get your original SecureInfo and had to forge a fake one, I can't guarantee that the eShop and online access will still work. I don't even know if you would be able to update through system settings. But you're better off with a 3DS that can boot and run games and homebrew, than one that doesn't work at all.

This should be all the info you need to get your 3DS back in working order, if you aren't as tech-savvy and need directions on how to do any of this, somebody else can probably guide you.

Last edited by ,

Alejandro9972

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look through S:/essential.exefs

If you've used GM9 before and never accepted the prompt to create essential.exefs (why?), then you'll have to fabricate new files or use ones from another system.

LocalFriendCodeSeed you can use from a different system, if you don't have another 3DS to get this from you can get a public one from the internet.
You might be able to forge a fake one, but that's not something I've tested, and if you're going to be getting a new LocalFriendCodeSeed you might as well get a proper one rather than inserting garbage data (if you forge a fake one, it won't work for online play, assuming that it would allow the console to boot that is.)

HWCAL0.dat and HWCAL1.dat, I'm not sure how important these are, I've had success simply using ones from another working system, but your mileage may vary as those are meant to contain system-specific calibration data.

movable.sed, you can copy one from a working console. You can do a system format afterwards to regenerate a new one. You might need to copy your LocalFriendCodeSeed into it at 0x8-0x117 first, that's not something I've tested. In a pinch, your 3DS will work without a movable.sed and allow you to play carts and digital games, but you will not be able to system format, among other possible issues.

nand_cid and otp you don't have to worry about, those aren't nand files so you can't possibly have deleted those while deleting stuff from nand. Your nand_hdr is likely fine if you only ever touched CTRNAND and nothing else, so you probably don't have to worry about that either, but if absolutely needed, GM9 lets you rebuild nand_hdr, if needed, and that might be all you'd need.

SecureInfo you can forge a fake one if needed, I am not sure if the 3DS requires the correct serial code in SecureInfo in order to boot though. You can get your serial code from the back of your system, or from the box it was packaged in (if you have that.) You can fill the signature with random garbage (all 00s or FFs is easy), enter the correct region code for your system, and then your serial code (if you don't have your serial code anymore, try any serial code, in case it works.)
If you do this, your 3DS will no longer boot without CFW, but it's better than nothing.

Get a CTRTransfer image from your region, mount it in GM9, then highlight everything with L and paste it into CTRNAND. Then delete the placeholder LFCS, SecureInfo etc. files that were present in the CTRTransfer image, and move the ones you extracted from essential.exefs into their place (you will have to rename them first), or copy the files you've forged and/or taken from another 3DS into their place.

Fix CMACs for drive 1: (Highlight [1:] on the main menu and press R+A), after this your 3DS should boot.

Optional: if you have opted to go without a movable.sed and can't system format (if you couldn't get one, etc.), you may be able to simply delete the "data" folder in CTRNAND (those are simply nand extdata and savegames that should be safe to delete, the 3DS will regenerate those on next boot or next run of the affected applications.)

Note that if you choose to go without a movable.sed, or if you couldn't get your original SecureInfo and had to forge a fake one, I can't guarantee that the eShop and online access will still work. I don't even know if you would be able to update through system settings. But you're better off with a 3DS that can boot and run games and homebrew, than one that doesn't work at all.

This should be all the info you need to get your 3DS back in working order, if you aren't as tech-savvy and need directions on how to do any of this, somebody else can probably guide you.
sorry i took so long to respond I was having some personal problems. I understand everything except the step with essential.exefs could somebody explain that a little more?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these?
upload_2020-2-2_15-38-56.png

that's everything in the dbs folder. I don't know how something like that can happen, but I made sure to back up mine. I went through the files of the nand on the 3ds and backed up everything that seemed important. a few things like the essentials file I backed up, because @TurdPooCharger mentioned it in one of this posts. that guy is brilliant at fixing bricked or malfunctioning 3ds systems.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol