Hacking What are some tips for using a fake dstt

invader alex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty sure my DSTT is a fake, but it plays some games...
What are some tips to get the most out of my dstt (or make it more reliable), like should I use the lastest firmware? Or how should I organize my files on it?
The thing is that for a while some games were unplayable on it like they would freeze a minute or less into the game. But once after changing where my games were save on my DSTT, all the games that didn't work before work. But after moving my files around again, all the games that were unplayable originally, stop working again.

So I wondering how should set up my files on my fake DSTT? Or what are some things I should avoid doing on it.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To set up your (possibly fake) DSTT for the first time, follow these directions:[*]Use the Panasonic formatter to reformat your microSD card: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html[*]Grab the official 1.17 menu from here (but do NOT install TTMENU.DAT from it as it contains the fake-killer code!!!): http://www.ndstt.com/download.html[*]Copy the TTMENU folder (but not TTMENU.DAT) from the official firmware to your microSD card.[*]Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086[*]Copy TTMENU.DAT from the archive to your microSD card (that version has the fake-killer code disabled). Optional: copy DsttFlashChecker.nds to your microSD card.[*]Make a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Copy 2 or 3 games (.nds files) to the new "games" folder.[*]Run "safely remove hardware", select your microSD reader in the list, and press STOP before removing your microSD card from your PC.[*]Insert your DSTT into the NDS. Insert your microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on the NDS.[*]You should see a menu with your games and the DsttFlashChecker program listed (if you installed it). You can run DsttFlashChecker if you installed it to see if you have a real or a fake DSTT.[*]You should be able to run your games now. Always keep the following in mind:
  • Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
  • Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card.
  • Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.
  • Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
  • Make sure you don't use the official TTMENU.DAT (particularly if you have a fake) because it contains fake-killer code.
If you're experiencing problems or think you've run fake-killer firmware on it:[*]Use the Panasonic formatter to reformat your microSD card: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html[*]Grab the official 1.17 menu from here (but do NOT install TTMENU.DAT from it as it contains the fake-killer code!!!): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4476[*]Copy the TTMENU folder (but not TTMENU.DAT) from the official firmware to your microSD card.[*]Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086[*]Copy all four files from the archive to your microSD card.[*]Make a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Copy 2 or 3 games (.nds files) to the new "games" folder.[*]Run "safely remove hardware", select your microSD reader in the list, and press STOP before removing your microSD card from your PC.[*]Insert your DSTT into the NDS. Insert your microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on the NDS.[*]Run the DsttFlashChecker program to see if you have a real or a fake DSTT. If you have a fake DSTT and suspect that it may have been destroyed by the official fake-killer firmware, run the DsttFlashWriter program to re-flash your DSTT.[*]You should be able to run your games now. You can delete DsttFlashChecker.nds, DsttFlashWriter.nds, and DSTTDUMP.BIN from your microSD card if you want.[*]Always keep the following in mind:
  • Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
  • Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card.
  • Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.
  • Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
  • Make sure you don't use the official TTMENU.DAT (particularly if you have a fake) because it contains fake-killer code.
If that doesn't work, you probably have a hardware problem. You should return your flash cart where you got it from. There is no good way to fix a contact or other hardware problem.

-Bri

invader alex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I now thing i have the contact problem...
Well it works great if still a piece of folded paper behind it. While that destroy my ds spring?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're careful, it shouldn't hurt your DS spring (really you shouldn't have to take your DSTT out of your NDS very often anyway). But if you can you should return your DSTT for a new one (or better yet, get an Acekard 2 instead).

-Bri

Joanified

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I've just gotten a new dstt card from Dx for my bf, but it doesn't work. I tried what Bri posted. but I couldn't get my dstt to work. I'm not sure if I have already destroyed it. I'm not even sure if it's real. but I opened it and it looks real, after I've compared to the ndstt website.

I couldn't get the dstt to load. I have a real dstt and it works fine with my sd card. but when I use my new card, it just gets stucked at the loading screen. does that mean I've destroyed it?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, determine if it's real. If it has a curved microSD holder, it's real.

If it's real, you couldn't have destroyed it.

If the same microSD card works in one real DSTT and not another real DSTT the second one almost certainly has a hardware problem. Usually, it's going to be the contacts. You can try shoving paper or cardboard in with the DSTT opposite the contacts to help push the contacts towards the NDS contacts, but that doesn't always work. Either way, return it and get a new one.

-Bri

Zav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i posted on how to fix the contact problem a few days ago mine had it and it works about 98 % of the time ( Soma Bringer doesnt work)

Joanified

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I've tried the cardboard thingy and it still gives me the same problem. I guess it's a hardware problem.

I didn't want to cut away the plastic if I'm going to have to send back the tt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1