Hacking What are my options?

sbm888

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, been away for 2 months, so not sure what the current scene is at.

I currently have GW running on my 3DSXL - FW 9.2
I have a N3DSXL running 9.2 and have Sky3DS

I read briefly that GW can run on the N3DS, and can use Sky3DS with cubic ninja/Zelda to install GW on it?

I'd like to get rid of my 3DSXL, so just seeing what options I have to keep one of my DS and just use GW, and throw away the Sky3DS if possible....

Thanks

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, you can use the sky3ds as zelda or cn to install gateway, then you can install the old mset and profile exploit, and you won't need the sky to start gateway mode any more. install the bluecardfix as well so you can use your gateway blue card to reinstall the exploit if you need to.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3ds flashcarts are going to be obsolete soon since custom firmware came out yesterday that plays 3ds games

I'm a bit leery of that one. I mean how does it work for updates and such? Does it have a full emunand system like gateway that you can update? I also heard that some games can't be played on CFW's but work fine on gateway/sky

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit leery of that one. I mean how does it work for updates and such? Does it have a full emunand system like gateway that you can update? I also heard that some games can't be played on CFW's but work fine on gateway/sky

Gateway IS custom firmware. It has a drm check which is the red cartridge.

I'm assuming updates can be installed the same way they are installed when using gateway. Download updates from THAT rom website and install them with bigbluemenu/bigredmenu/devmenu

Reactions: Margen67

sbm888

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you can use the sky3ds as zelda or cn to install gateway, then you can install the old mset and profile exploit, and you won't need the sky to start gateway mode any more. install the bluecardfix as well so you can use your gateway blue card to reinstall the exploit if you need to.

cheers - so basically
1) get a copy of cubic and install on my Sky3DS
2) run it to install the cubic hack
3) install GW on my N3DS
4) install exploit so no need to use hack each time
5) chuck games into GW card and run it on N3DS just like on the O3DSXL running old firmware?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cheers - so basically
1) get a copy of cubic and install on my Sky3DS
2) run it to install the cubic hack
3) install GW on my N3DS
4) install exploit so no need to use hack each time
5) chuck games into GW card and run it on N3DS just like on the O3DSXL running old firmware?
Many prefer to install the games as cia so the red card isn't required

Removes the current risk of online bans too.

Reactions: Margen67 and sbm888

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway IS custom firmware. It has a drm check which is the red cartridge.

I'm assuming updates can be installed the same way they are installed when using gateway. Download updates from THAT rom website and install them with bigbluemenu/bigredmenu/devmenu

The only CFW that allows for unsigned cia's atm is pasta CFW (as far as I know any others that allow it are private) and that installs cia's directly to sysnand (so no updating past 9.2). Gateway is still the only system that emulates the sysnand to allow for updates while keeping sysnand 9.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte