Hacking What am i doing wrong? :(

elias1234567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello gbatemp, i have tried countless* times to burn and play metroid other m now. But each time i've done that my wii has never been able to read the disc!

- The first version i burned was the first released metroid other m ntsc copy, which later turned out to be a bad dump. so i could not have done anything wrong there.. i think
blink.gif

- The other version was a pal version uploaded on ~~ by "~~" and according to the comments there, it looked legit.

and now here are my wii details; I use a softmodded wii with firmware 4.2E and i run all of my games on the latest version of Neogamma. According to pimp my wii all of my ioses are up to date and should be working perfectly.

And here's how i did it:
1. i extracted the file and proceeded to burn it with imgburn
2. i inserted a DVD+R dual layer cd into my external cd burner
3. i entered the user specific layer break number (2084960) in the settings menu of imgburn
4. i did a last check to see if there were enough free space on the cd for the game, it was btw
smile.gif

and after that i burned away at a x4 speed setting, 14 min later without a single error the disc was done! so i popped it into my wii to start playing but as i kind of suspected the disc could not be read. so now im trying to review what went wrong.

- It could've been a bad dump?
- I could've burned it too fast? (i've read somewhere that it should be burned at x2.4)
- It could be that only wii's with modchip's can play Dual Layer games (i read that somewhere)

So now im asking you gbatemp (because i don't wanna waste anymore of those expensive DL DVD's
smile.gif
) and because you guys are video game wizards
smile.gif

What could i have done wrong?

*like 2 times
tongue.gif

elias1234567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
I made the post a little less obvious.
Anyway, did you set the correct booktype (seeing that you use DVD+R)?

oh! sorry about that, i didn't know im not allowed to post those sites, thank you
smile.gif

and um, i don't think that's the problem because im using dvd+r to burn all my other games on the same cd burner and they work
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I know what you're doing wrong: You're pirating. Solution: Buy the game, and play it from the Retail Discs.

Or (if you already have the Retail-Disc), check the ISO with Wiimms ISO Tools, using the verify command, and see if it's alright. Update the cIOS to the latest one, etc.

elias1234567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sir, you cannot possibly suggest that some people in this world would BUY something you can get for free! anyway i might check that tool... thanks

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
elias1234567 said:
- The other version was a pal version uploaded on ~~ by "~~" and according to the comments there, it looked legit.
Posting release names without links is forbidden too?

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
elias1234567 said:
sir, you cannot possibly suggest that some people in this world would BUY something you can get for free! anyway i might check that tool... thanks

That's the reason why Nintendo is going out of business, Buy it!!!!! STOP PIRATING ON ASIANS!!! They nothing to you, so stop pirating. Buy game its good...BUY IT OR DIE!

tongue.gif

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Canonbeat234 said:
That's the reason why Nintendo is going out of business, Buy it!!!!!
Nope and wrong.
Nintento is earning money from selling consoles. Just like commodore in amiga days. Commodore went bankrupt because of stupid marketing decisions and not because of pirates.
If people start buying wii instead of other consoles and play only pirates then only ps3/x360 will loose.
No, I'm not trying to find excuses for pirating.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
elias1234567 said:

That's the reason why Nintendo is going out of business, Buy it!!!!! STOP PIRATING ON ASIANS!!!

Nintendo is going out of business?

Oh, please.

elias1234567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well.. i suspect the file i downloaded is a bad dump but shouldn't they have fixed their bad dumping with the pal release? does anyone know anything about that? oh and from what i can tell it looks like the wii iso tool "WIT" is only available for mac and linux, is there anything other that can verify an iso file?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:
elias1234567 said:

That's the reason why Nintendo is going out of business, Buy it!!!!! STOP PIRATING ON ASIANS!!! They nothing to you, so stop pirating. Buy game its good...BUY IT OR DIE!

tongue.gif
Ha! That's a good one, nintendo going out of business.
Can you people stop giving him lectures on pirating and just help him?

elias1234567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
wit (wimms iso tools) are available for windows too.
lol WHERE!?
wtf.gif
atleast not on their .. oh sorry i just checked the site and they had a thing called "cygwin" that was the windows version, ok brb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?