Hacking what am i doing wrong here w/updating possible cl

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im at my wits end, 1 I put in boot disk then setup 1.2 when it told me to replace disk
2 I went into configuration and changed region free to on (is that all you do). If this is a clone , how do i get the 1.2
setup on the clone. All i see is to change region free to on.
3 I then rebooted and used boot disk again and put in 1.9g disk and of course i still get error check connection.

note, when i next tried boot disk and 1.2 again region free was back on off so i pulled the dvd. then changed to on , then saved
and still nothing w/1.9g. Did it a third time and again region was defalted to off. What exactly am i not doing right here. The wii is reading the bootdisk and setup 1.2 and 1.3 with bootdisk but how exactly do you set it up

1. Download BOOT Disc: http://www.mediafire.com/?2j3yjks3xz2
2. Also download the Config Disc 1.2 for WiiKey: http://www.wiikey.cn/dl/config.1.2.rar
3. Burn these Discs on a DVD-R/+R with 4x speed and start the BOOT Disc in your Wii, it will recognise as a GC Disc.
4. Once started, pick for the following option -> Boot DVD.
5. When asked eject the disc, and insert the official 1.2 Config Disc.
6. Pick the file: xxxxx.DOL
7. The disc will start, and you can configurate your WiiKey! Put Region Over... on Yes
8. Save settings, and done!

This is what i did and again step 8 does not save region free. Is this all that has to be done to update to 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.9g because i read all wii 3.1's cant read a config disk before 1.3 . I thought the boot disk would bypass this

please help

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
im at my wits end, 1 I put in boot disk then setup 1.2 when it told me to replace disk
2 I went into configuration and changed region free to on (is that all you do). If this is a clone , how do i get the 1.2
setup on the clone. All i see is to change region free to on.
3 I then rebooted and used boot disk again and put in 1.9g disk and of course i still get error check connection.

note, when i next tried boot disk and 1.2 again region free was back on off so i pulled the dvd. then changed to on , then saved
and still nothing w/1.9g. Did it a third time and again region was defalted to off. What exactly am i not doing right here. The wii is reading the bootdisk and setup 1.2 and 1.3 with bootdisk but how exactly do you set it up

1. Download BOOT Disc: http://www.mediafire.com/?2j3yjks3xz2
2. Also download the Config Disc 1.2 for WiiKey: http://www.wiikey.cn/dl/config.1.2.rar
3. Burn these Discs on a DVD-R/+R with 4x speed and start the BOOT Disc in your Wii, it will recognise as a GC Disc.
4. Once started, pick for the following option -> Boot DVD.
5. When asked eject the disc, and insert the official 1.2 Config Disc.
6. Pick the file: xxxxx.DOL
7. The disc will start, and you can configurate your WiiKey! Put Region Over... on Yes
8. Save settings, and done!

This is what i did and again step 8 does not save region free. Is this all that has to be done to update to 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.9g because i read all wii 3.1's cant read a config disk before 1.3 . I thought the boot disk would bypass this

please help

Hmmm...I just upgraded my Wii to 1.9g today and I never experienced any issues at all! All I did was burn the 1.9g Update to a -R Verbatim DVD at 1x speed with ImgBurn. I never used any padding for the file or anything like that. I put the DVD into my Wii, ran it, and within 5 minutes I was playing Super Mario Galaxy. I don't know why others are having so many issues.

I don't think you have to use the config disc or mess with your region settings unless you are using a Wii from a different region. I do believe you are from the US so you should have a NTSC Wii.

moloko23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Is a GC controller needed for the 1.9g BETA HOTFIX? Do I need to have updated to 1.9b beforehand?

I'd ike to play SMG PAL on my PAL Wii. Thi whole thing is slightly confusing and I haven't found a a full step by step guide thats clear enough to know if I'd be doing it right.

Thanks for any help,
greetz,
moloko23

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason im having problems is because i think i have a clone and i updated to 3.1 on the wii

can anyone pls tell me if i'm wasting my time or if it can be done. The wii is reading the boot disk but not the config disk unless i use the
boot disk thanks

moloko23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm not sure if I've ever updated my wiikey. I used one of the first config discs to set it to regionfree and since then I've been able to ply all the games Ive tried. Now I'd like to play SMG eventhough I've preordered it and should get it tomorrow. I read you have to update to 1.9g in order to play a backup version of SMG. I burned the 1.9b update disc after filechoping it and inserted it into my Wii. It does the initializing all the way to testing if it was flashed correctly or whatever. The test reaches 100% and then I get an error message saying that I should check my connections and try again. The same happens with the 1.9g disc. This is super confusing, I'm sure my Wiikey isn't a clone and all the games I have backuped all work eve after the error message. What should I try? I'm out of ideas...

I have a PAL Wii running 3.1E with Wiikey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw