What 2.5inch 2TB external harddrives work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by nateretro, Oct 16, 2014.

1. nateretro
    OP

nateretro Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2014
    for the wii and homebrew? I want to use it to store iso and roms for my emulators etc? I don't fancy like using a 3.5inch drive as there won't be enough room in my cupboard to store it. I am from the UK so drives may vary over here than in north America.

2. SolarFusion

SolarFusion Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2014
    United States
    Bad idea to say you use ROMs on the 'net. ISOs is enough info. XD

I see so many guys who talk about their ROM usage, you could get burned for saying that if publishers ever looked for ROM users.

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Well, funny thing is most people on here don't really care, but to save face value, we typically don't talk about it.

4. DoTheDonkeyKonga

DoTheDonkeyKonga Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2014
    Liverpool, UK
    Have you had a look at the Compatibility List? There's no specific category for 2.5inch drives over 3.5inch drives or anything but sometimes the device info or comment sections will state what physical size/form factor the drive is. Also, if you have any specific models already in mind you can check to see if they're listed on there.

As for the thing we don't talk about, I assume you have an SD card? That is often a good place to put such things, if you happen to be of that persuasion.

5. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Most of the issues with HDD compatibility are actually caused by the USB bridge, not the hard drive itself.

I have a Rosewill RX81U-ES-25A 2.5" SATA USB case, and it works well. It's currently available on Newegg for $15 with free shipping.