agree with icpmattj

Tanks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think you idiots would actually need to see text to understand what was going on there. I urge you to watch the video again simply because any sane human with the memory of the average man who has played NSMBWii before will be able to pick it out the very moment the level loads. (You guys seriously aren't that fun to surprise... It's like I have to tell you what your birthday gift is when the damn thing is sitting in front of you ready to be opened...)

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get what the TC is talking about either and he insults us because we don't get it, nice. I agree with the others, delete this post.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
its a very slow laggy video of a remade mario level 1... whats so exciting about that? how is it related to wii hacking at all?

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he wants to show that he's able to play the game and he missed that this is possible since days.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can see what the fuss is about. the ability to make custom levels means that you wont get bored with the game as fast. after you get tired of the official levels, you can load up a remake of the original mario games and play them all over, but in co-op. if this can be done without the lag it would be great.

also i think it will be able to use the same type of code that brawl+ uses to redirect the wii to the sd card instead of the game iso and you will be able to load custom levels while playing a untouched iso of the game.

Treeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
The lag is because it's running in Dolphin and also being recorded at the same time. Hacked levels will run perfectly on a real Wii, or in a fast enough emulator.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
also i think it will be able to use the same type of code that brawl+ uses to redirect the wii to the sd card instead of the game iso and you will be able to load custom levels while playing a untouched iso of the game.
I can say that loading off the SD card is either impossible or will require a miracle. The way Brawl hacking uses codes is through the already accessible SD card code (Built in to Brawl). NSMBWii doesn't seem to access the SD card for anything so it would take a programming miracle.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sonicandtails said:
giantpune said:
I can say that loading off the SD card is either impossible or will require a miracle. The way Brawl hacking uses codes is through the already accessible SD card code (Built in to Brawl). NSMBWii doesn't seem to access the SD card for anything so it would take a programming miracle.

Well it depends how big levels are. And how much the game actually uses. It's possible the game does not use the full memory and Gecko OS can just the custom levels into the unused memory before loading.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Sonicandtails said:
giantpune said:

Well it depends how big levels are. And how much the game actually uses. It's possible the game does not use the full memory and Gecko OS can just the custom levels into the unused memory before loading.
GeckoOS does not load custom content, a cheat specific to the game is what does it. I'm very much in to the Brawl hacking scene, and I've already spoke with Dantarion (Big Brawl hacker as of late) about loading levels with NSMBWii as I'm involved with this project. He made it very clear that unless NSMBWii has some kind of call for the SD card to load files, then we more then likely won't be able to use the SD to load levels. Sucks, but who knows, maybe something amazing will happen.

D

Deleted-171178

I was wondering how long it would take before this happened...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was talking about putting the levels into the RAM if there is unused. Now i have an idea, read the levels from nand. I guess it won't be too many MBs, so they could fit on nand. If you put them in the /tmp/ folder on boot or the savegame folder you have the access rights for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But...