Hardware weird problem with v1 switch

superxoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I bought a console which works normally except wifi. at first i thought it was wifi ic chip but after changing 2 and the issue still remain i don't know which one anymore. the console can work with the wifi turn on but if i use wifi for 2 seconds the console will give me an error code 2168-0002. do anyone solve this case before please let me know how to fix it. any help will be appreciated. thank in advance.

Attachments

• 20231204_153701.jpg
    20231204_153701.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Check the 2 small capacitors on the left side of the cpu.
If your are not careful when removing the shield over the cpu it is very easy to damage these because they sit very close to the shield

Reactions: superxoi

superxoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Check the 2 small capacitors on the left side of the cpu.
If your are not careful when removing the shield over the cpu it is very easy to damage these because they sit very close to the shield
these 2 caps are intact. this is the weirdest case i've ever seen. maybe there is 1 component in the wifi ic area gone bad. i will check it later.
Post automatically merged:

Sounds like you need to re-install fresh Atmosphere, and SigPatch files.
https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
it happend on ofw. i have not modded this one yet.

Reactions: BigOnYa

superxoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Have you tried recovery?
Yeah i did. After changed ic wifi chip and the issue remain i did factory reset it thinking maybe software problem but no dice. This is the weirdest case i ve ever met. Not sure what cause the problem. I can search wifi and let it on with no problem but when i actually use wifi it lasted for 2 or 3 seconds(some time longer) before showing error code. I could even update the system to 17.0 via wifi, i don't know how but at first it gave me error code but when i turned on again and not touch wifi the console keep downloading and i could update it to 17.0 (16.1 before).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol