Weird problem with Kingdom Hearts

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kdkade, Jun 24, 2010.

Jun 24, 2010
  1. kdkade
    OP

Newcomer kdkade Newbie

Poland
    So, lately I downloaded my favourite game, Kingdom Hearts X Days again. I deleted my old save and began to play it again on proud mode. And there's the deal:

Problem occured first, when I've tried to play mission 'destroy shadow globs' in Twilight Town in Mission Mode as Demyx. It just didn't load. The loading sigil in the bottom corner of TS just stops moving, and the game is crashed (it still plays music even if I shut my DS). The funny thing is, that I can do this mission with many different characters, but Demyx just isn't working. Demyx is still working with the other missions, though. I was like 'f$#k that, I don't need to do this mission as Demyx'. But then the problem occured again.

I was just playing in story mode and I did the mission "Investigate the desert cave" with Xion. Day in game later, there is a cutscene with Kingdom Heart, before you can save the game. Just after that cutscene game crashes again.

I formatted my MicroSD, I even Defragmentated it first to check, but there is still this problem with Demyx (so I figure that one in story mode didn't dissappear either). Any ideas? Is this problem with ROM, with save, and maybe it's AKAIO's fault?

2. Sinistral89

Member Sinistral89 GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    NEVER EVER DEFRAG A SD CARD!!! It makes the card go bad really fast...

It kinda sounds like an contact issue.. Or there is some random factor that messes with you? [​IMG]

3. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    I got almost the same problem with another game...
    Phantasy star zero.

I was playing many, many long hours, single game, online game, multicard game. Everything OK. But then I try to play with my old fatDS, and game crashes when trying to connect to multicard game. Cannot play ONLINE game... everything with WFC or WIFI connection crashed the game...

The weird thing is, that one day this happened in my DSLite tooo... And what solved it? Unplugging AK2i, uplugging microsd... and plug both back...

Now no crashes!

So bad contact (dust or so) could be the problem...

4. smellyfungus

Newcomer smellyfungus Member

United States
    i just finished kingdom hearts with akaio 1.7

it started freezing during early mid part of the game.

i just switched to the green dma mode (holding x every time i played the game)

didnt freeze a single time after that.

5. kdkade
    OP

Newcomer kdkade Newbie

Poland
    thanks for advices, I'll check it!

6. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Stupid question, but if anything listed above doesn't work, was the game patched properly? There should be anti piracy measures on the ROM itself, and that caused me some freezing problems! (Moogle item synthesis...)

7. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    It's been bypassed for a long time already. So this should not really apply.