Weird Problem PS2 slim 90001

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own two 90001 PS2 Slims both modded with a modbo 5. On one of them I have to hold down O in order to boot PS1 back ups. This makes absolutely no sense to me, because if the SX point wasn't soldered correctly, then I wouldn't be able to boot PS1 backups period.

I also cannot boot back ups on the problematic 90001 from the main menu. On my other 90001 I can boot ps1 backups from the main menu.

What could possibly be causing this? Everything else works as expected on both consoles.

Berserker666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I own two 90001 PS2 Slims both modded with a modbo 5. On one of them I have to hold down O in order to boot PS1 back ups. This makes absolutely no sense to me, because if the SX point wasn't soldered correctly, then I wouldn't be able to boot PS1 backups period.

I also cannot boot back ups on the problematic 90001 from the main menu. On my other 90001 I can boot ps1 backups from the main menu.

What could possibly be causing this? Everything else works as expected on both consoles.
To enter the Configuration Menu, hold TRIANGLE AND CIRCLE at power on
Circle - Boots Chip/system into PSX DVD Video mode. This forces the PS2 to either play PS1 games or DVD movies.
Cross - Forces the system to bypass settings and boot to the Sony Browser with the chip enabled.
Start - This Disables the chip. Once this is done, tap the standby button to reset the system to finish disabling the chip. To Re-enable the chip you must place the system into standby.
Select - This forces a Fast boot on PS2 games. Skipping the startup animation and PlayStation 2 Logo on disc boot.
R1 - This boots a homebrew ELF file from the first memory card (mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF)
L1 - This boots a homebrew ELF file from the hard drive if installed (hdd0:/__boot/boot.elf)

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already solved this by redoing some points solder wise. Particularly the I point seemed to fix the issue, it came undone as I was redoing SX, and after fixing it, it seems it now recognizes ps1 games no problem.

I still have the issue where I have to hold down O to boot dvds. That's happening on both system though and I was never able to solve it on the first console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.