Hardware Weird Lagging Issue on PS Vita

Doomerzan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Vita has had this lagging issue. It doesnt lead to extreme slowdown but it causes BGM and SFX to pause or be delayed and loading times to increase. When an FMV plays in game it can also mess around with that as well.
This issue seems to be started when I use pkgj. I usually have my vita downloading a batch of games from pkgj everyday and I usually push the download limit to the max. Usually pkgj gets all super slow and then that issue transfers to other games and the homescreen a little. This problem seems to only stop when I give the vita some rest for a time or turn off my vita and reset Taihen. When this first happened, I did a database rebuild, which didnt do anything and made my homescreen so disorganized that I had to use a game launcher app to save me the trouble from organizing. The problem finally stopped when I reset taihen and reinstalled only the necessary plugins (refood and nonpdrm) but restarted after I used pkgj. After the problem starts, it can swell up and down at complete random. I did one more taihen reset and this time I also installed repatch and oscyall6, since I heard Oscyall6 was better than refood. I had a crashing problem caused by leaving a overclock plugin on all the time, but I found out what I did wrong and stopped.
I'm assuming this is a software issue, but a time ago I dropped a drip of water into the speaker hole in my vita, I don't think that's the source of the problem though. I played a water eject sound on youtube and turned the vita off. No button problems or speaker issues afterwards and the only problem present was the crashing caused by the overclock plugin. That incident was 2 weeks ago and this problem only started a few days ago. I'm not gonna be abusing pkgj anymore and I'm gonna see if I can install games in smaller batches. I think one factor that started this all up was that I turned the wifi powersaving option off. The problems seemed to be nonpresent before I turned that off other than the crashing.
I'm gonna do my own tests and expirements to see what might be the source of this issue, but could you all chime in? I'm using a 3.65 vita with a SD2VITA installed and with the henkaku exploit used. I had to downgrade a long time ago.
It should also be mentioned that I had a lagging incident like this that seemed 100% random, but then dissapeared thereafter, I think that was around 2 weeks ago too, but it was days after the incident
Thank you all!

Last edited by Doomerzan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: old men discussion