Weird glitch booting games with USB loader GX

Gadget2345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I boot a wii game with USB Loader GX, I need to change the loader first.

For example, standard is 249, 249 but I will do 58 and 249 or 58 and 250 and then it works.

Anyone know why or how to fix?? Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Never heard of this before, 2 things 2 try though

First make sure you're using the latest version of gx from @blackb0x 's signature

Second, please post a syscheck to confirm your setup is optimal
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

U can optionally drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you if any changes are recommended to your mods, or post here and we can eyeball it

Gadget2345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never heard of this before, 2 things 2 try though

First make sure you're using the latest version of gx from @blackb0x 's signature

Second, please post a syscheck to confirm your setup is optimal
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

U can optionally drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you if any changes are recommended to your mods, or post here and we can eyeball it

Hello, I solved the issue.

I had a hunch it was my USB stick and I tried everything to fix it. I found that by changing the loaders around as mentioned above, I could sometimes get my USB 3.2 Sandisk thumb drive to launch without issues (and without having to take it out and plug it in again). Unfortunately, the issue was said thumb drive and there is no way to get it working (that I found) 100% of the time.

Instead, I opted for an external HDD with external power. 1TB. I worked on this for 3 days. No workaround. Maybe a USB 2.0 would work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: