Weird "full brick"..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Wateva, Dec 30, 2009.

Dec 30, 2009

Weird "full brick".. by Wateva at 3:32 AM (1,679 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Wateva
    OP

Newcomer Wateva Member

United States
    I've a client Wii here that's acting weird..

The wii has the symptoms of a full brick (black screen and I can't get the rescue menu to work using savemiifrii).

He says that he installed bootmii as boot2 (and yes, it's there) and I was thinking about using Betwiin to fix his wii but than it occurred to me that I could just use WadManager to install a new systemmenu on top of what he had to stop the issues he was having.

The problem is. Right after I've turned the Wii on with the CBoot2 rev16 (wadmanager) the Wii booted back to the systemmenu.. Since my Wiimote is with a friend I was using a GC Controller to navigate through WadManager.

His symptoms were a complete black screen, with no rescue menu but now I'm on systemmenu using the CBoot2... If I press reset, the screen goes back to black, so I can get back to the sysmenu only if I turn off the wii and back again. If I turn the wii of and on again when I'm on the health & security screen I can get into the WadManager..
    Did that and installed SysMenu 4.0 than 4.1 that I've downloaded from nintendo servers. But that didn't fix the booting issue...

What should I do in order to get this wii back up on it's feet without the need of a CBoot2 SD on it all the time? (modchip is installed but I don't know which one it is cuz the user doesn't want to loose the warranty on the modchip)

2. bula

Member bula GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    just use bootmii and install his NAND backup.....I hope he made one.

3. Wateva
    OP

Newcomer Wateva Member

United States
    No, he didn't make one.. That's the thing.. [​IMG]

4. Wateva
    OP

Newcomer Wateva Member

United States
    Not really.. He installed only BootMii... And didn't make a copy of his nand.. He was fooling around with the HBC, that's for sure.. I've seen this "black screen" caused only by people that used anytitle deleter and deleted important IOS's.. Since I don't know exactly what he did, what should I do now??
    Is there anything that reinstalls ALL lost IOS's (would cioscorp help?)?? (I'm not using a wii remote, remember, my remote is with a friend)..

5. bula

United States
    Download IOS60 (make sure it is not the sub) and SM4.1 copy them in sd\wad and start wadmanager then install IOS60 and then SM4.1 then exit.

6. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    use the new dop-ios to reinstall the IOS's you can use a GC pad

7. Wateva
    OP

Newcomer Wateva Member

United States
    Which IOS's should I reinstall?? And a link for the new DOP-IOS?

I've a NAND of a different Wii, but I don't have Linux installed yet to be able to use Betwiin.. Isn't there an option in windows to do the necessary changes to the good NAND so I can install it to this bricked Wii?

Also, how can I change the CBoot2 to boot DOP-IOS?

8. bula

United States
    Did you install IOS60 when you installed SM4.0 and 4.1? Installing IOS60 and SM4.1 wads should fix your wii.

9. Wateva
    OP

Newcomer Wateva Member

United States
    I'll try that..

10. Wateva
    OP

Newcomer Wateva Member

United States
    THANKS!! It's booting back!! Thank you!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    since you have boomii, you can use that cool bootmii ini file and tell it to autoboot HBC. assuming that works and you dont get blackscreen, you can use a GC cotroller there to start whatever method you want to install shit.

I'd first start DOP-IOS mod or FTPii and poke around and see what IOSes are there before making any decisions on how to fix it.

EDIT>>
    nevermind. you made it work. but for future reference, just autoboot HBC

12. bula

United States
    Now before you do anything else just make a NAND back up. NP glad I could help.

13. Wateva
    OP

Newcomer Wateva Member

United States
    HBC just got me a black screen.. that was the 2nd thing I've tried (1st thing was trying to restore a different nand). But thanks.. I'll start learning more about this.

14. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Use UNCORP to get all official IOS' to a working state. Should help with HBC...