Hardware Weird/Faulty Charging Behavior

Gnasherrr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. My switch is having some really weird charging issue. The original charger is not recognized. Only non-factory generic USB chargers are recognized, and it draws about only 1 Amp, which is very slow. It also does not recognize the charger every single time. Directly plugging in the charger while screen is on will not work, I have to put it into sleep and then plug in the charger. Now the weirdest part is that the data transfer seems to be absolutely fine. I can do rcm payload injecting and rcm level usb mounting and data transfer just fine. However, in the OS itself i could not get goldleaf or tinfoil over usb to work. Also, since autorcm drains the battery quite a bit, when the battery is drained, the console won't charge while powered off. I would have to inject rcm and quickly switch it to a charger in order for it to charge. Note that this is likely not a port issue, since the data transfer is very stable and i tried pushing the jack a bit when a file copy is ongoing and it's not interrupted.

What issue is this likely to be? I have access to a multimeter, and can do some diagnostics if someone can point me a direction. I have not done so since I have been playing it portable only and always plugged in, but this is starting to bother me. Thanks!

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. My switch is having some really weird charging issue. The original charger is not recognized. Only non-factory generic USB chargers are recognized, and it draws about only 1 Amp, which is very slow. It also does not recognize the charger every single time. Directly plugging in the charger while screen is on will not work, I have to put it into sleep and then plug in the charger. Now the weirdest part is that the data transfer seems to be absolutely fine. I can do rcm payload injecting and rcm level usb mounting and data transfer just fine. However, in the OS itself i could not get goldleaf or tinfoil over usb to work. Also, since autorcm drains the battery quite a bit, when the battery is drained, the console won't charge while powered off. I would have to inject rcm and quickly switch it to a charger in order for it to charge. Note that this is likely not a port issue, since the data transfer is very stable and i tried pushing the jack a bit when a file copy is ongoing and it's not interrupted.

What issue is this likely to be? I have access to a multimeter, and can do some diagnostics if someone can point me a direction. I have not done so since I have been playing it portable only and always plugged in, but this is starting to bother me. Thanks!
Check M92T and BQ Behaviour; check battery info in hekate when using original plug and send screen shots; also use a multimeter to see if stock is outputting 15v to the first point behind the port on the board.

Gnasherrr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check M92T and BQ Behaviour; check battery info in hekate when using original plug and send screen shots; also use a multimeter to see if stock is outputting 15v to the first point behind the port on the board.

checked M92T pin 5 and 6 both normal with 3.3v. The top no.4 cap in horizontal placement is bad. short to ground on both end.

I guess that's a good place to start to replace?

I cant seem to figure out the orientation of the BQ chip on the board so I dont know which pins to test for the BQ. Could you point me further a bit?

Thanks!

Last edited by Gnasherrr,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1