Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's been a while since i posted something here, but recently i came accross a wii which needed some updating/repairing cause it was having weird wii mote disconnect issues...

so i started to wii update so i could hack into the wii again afterwards to be sure it was totally up to date... but for some reason the update said updated to latest version after a few seconds, but settings still was saying it was on 4.1e. in my mind i was wondering if it had something to do with Nintendo stopping the support, but i was like, what the hell let's do it manually...

but no matter what i tried i couldn't install system menu and some ios versions cause i kept on getting some weird error saying it couldn't write the title id... i started wondering what was going and and did some research on the wii, which made me try and update the system menu and ios versions with dop mii but normally it should detect the region of the wii and display those updates... although it is a european wii it was displaying the U versions of all channels instead of E...

i then went into region changer but that for some reason did say E...

afterwards i went into any title deleter to take a deeper look and came to the following conclusion: System menu was fake signed(?) and there were lots of ios versions which doesn't even exist... but i can't delete/overwrite the system menu with a legit version and i was thinking of doing a format, but i don't think that would help as it keeps the system menu and i am affraid of making things worse.

this guy whose is this wii from bought it for €25 from a guy and it Always seemed to have this problem...

my guess, this guy who bought it originally has fucked it up and sold it for €25 and kept his mouth shut...

but my question is, how the fuck can you fake sign a sm and why would you do that? and how can i resolve this problem?

ps: there were other weird things fake signed too like the shopping channel... what made me believe that that dude tried to get the shopping channel to work again without updating his wii the normal way to make sure he didn't lose his homebrew channel/piracy ios's

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What happens when you try to update the system ios and system menu via wad install? SM would be fakesigned if it was a packed theme wad, or patched for some other reason. I have had this issue installing some sm wads I made with priiloader in it, if I remember I had to delete the system menu, install a new on and fix the missing setting.txt. You should not try to uninstall the system menu without boot2 bootmii.

If you trully can not install the system menu via wad, your best option is a bootmii nand restore. Load bootmii, make a new nand backup. Use ohneschwanzenegger to format the nand.bin, then install the system menu files for 4.3 (your desired region) with ohneschwanzenegger. Verify the new nand.bin with nandbincheck -all -v, make sure there are no errors. Then restore the new nand with bootmii (use gc controller for konmi if needed). That should fix the issue.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
tried several wad installers to install the sm and sm ios but all got me the same error... so that can't be done. restoring a nand from another wii is no option since it is a non boot 2 bootmii wii... i can do a new nand install with bootmii but i never tried a recovery in bootmii ios... and for some reason it kinda scares me... btw, what is the konami code? (i know it's a button combi :P )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1