Weird channel issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Macattack222, May 10, 2016.

1. Macattack222
    OP

Macattack222 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    United States
    Hey Gang,

Happy to have found this board. I've been a hacking guy for years with the DS and mostly Xbox original. Just been playing around with the Wii and have been having fun but I'm confused about a couple of things.

Emulators and home brew channel work along with Wiiflow.

But USBloader DX and HackMii along with some others just lock up when I start them and I have to power down. Not sure where to start with troubleshooting.

Other than that I'm having fun with it all, though I don't quite understand why some programs have channel installers and others you just use Wads. I haven't gotten the N64 one to work yet as a channel as it doesn't do anything when I start. Any advice is appreciated.

2. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    What SD Card are you using?
    Depending on which type of SD Card or SDHC Card your using, it will effect how well the Wii Compatibility performs with the modifications.
    I'm guessing that the cause for this is because files are not transferring/loading correctly on the SD Card I guess. But that's a whole other story.

You can view a list of SD/SDHC Cards here; (Note if Twilight Hack Works, and HBC that is the best card to use.)
    http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

3. Macattack222
    OP

Macattack222 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    United States
    Thanks I'll look into that. I'm messing with two wii's simultaniously. One has an SD and one has an SDHC. Still it's not something I considered. I guess I'll start there though. Thank you!

4. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    No problem. Sorry if I bummed you out,
    Did you use the same Letter Bomb Installer for which system ID it needs to run on?

EX: Using same Mac Address, and using it on the other Wii(s)?