Web hosting for free?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Infinite Zero, Oct 28, 2010.

Oct 28, 2010

Web hosting for free? by Infinite Zero at 2:58 PM (575 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Infinite Zero
    OP

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    So i'm going to set up a website for presentation and about a event so it's just gonna be temporary [​IMG]

webs.com is an example but i saw some tempers having their own .com website(i know you have to pay for those)
    i still have a year to present it so i can prepare for some web designing tutorials [​IMG]

i also have dreamweaver cs5 installed if ever i will need to do the customization itself.
    thanks!

2. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    Yea, you will have to pay for a domain name. But there are some free ones avaible, a few years ago I used .tk, was free at the time, dunno if it is still free.

Anyway, for hosting, there are 2 sites I use/used to use.
    000webhost and freehostia.
    Both have free hosting without any banners or other shit most free hosting company's put you up with. And the best thing is, you can use almost everything there (PHP, MySQL, etc).

Good luck with the presentation [​IMG]

EDIT:
    Another option, if you happen to have a fairly good internet connection and a PC that's always turned on at home, you could install Apache and host it yourself [​IMG]

3. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Umbreon Network is a good one.
    It is in French, though, but you should be able to figure out the register process anyway.

4. Javier78

Newcomer Javier78 Advanced Member

United States
    If you want a free domain name for your own server, you could use dyndns.

5. Infinite Zero
    OP

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    THANK YOU wabsta, Pingouin7, Javier78 for the quick answers! i'll read more into them tomorrow. It's night here and time to sleep! [​IMG]

6. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    No problem, and good luck tomorrow [​IMG]
    Oh, I have to agree with Javier, if you're planning on hosting your own server, dyndns is the way to go.