Weaker rumble in left joycon

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by scart35, Mar 20, 2017.

1. scart35
    OP

scart35 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    Bought my Switch yesterday, everything is fine and dandy - no dead pixels,left joycon connectivity is on par with right one etc. But today I was looking around system settings and when I was turning vibrations on/off fast, I could feel that right joycon has stronger vibrations (by feeling and sound). It's just minor inconvenience but...

Does anyone else has this "problem" too?

2. EthanAddict

EthanAddict Kim Jong-Un

Nov 12, 2016
    Greece
    This isn't a problem, like the PlayStation controllers have different weighs at each rumble motor to make the vibration effect stronger.

3. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I haven't noticed it on the switch but it's happened to me on many different controllers on different game systems. I think its pretty normal

EthanAddict likes this.
  4. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    I don't think that many people have tested their joycons like you. They play Zelda instead.

-pm- likes this.
  5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I haven't had that problem. And people saying other controllers do it so it's fine are wrong.
    Older rumble controllers (even modern ones) have a large weight on one side and a small one on the other, which produces that effect. However the joycon do not use the same technology, and should feel identical on both sides

6. scart35
    OP

scart35 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    Exactly! On X360 controller one motor has bigger weight and (probably) lower rpm. As I said its just minor inconvenience and I was just curious if anybody else "suffers" from this issue.

But another problem arose. ZL button is stiff and doesn't have that springy feeling like the ZR button.
    https://en-americas-support.nintend...-joycon-zl-button-feels-like-it-has-no-spring

Ordered tri-wing screwdriver so I can look inside.

7. yahoo

yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Have you tried holding it in your other hand? Could be your hands have different sensitivity...