Weaker rumble in left joycon

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by scart35, Mar 20, 2017.

Mar 20, 2017

Weaker rumble in left joycon by scart35 at 1:46 PM (282 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. scart35
    OP

Newcomer scart35 Newbie

Slovakia
    Bought my Switch yesterday, everything is fine and dandy - no dead pixels,left joycon connectivity is on par with right one etc. But today I was looking around system settings and when I was turning vibrations on/off fast, I could feel that right joycon has stronger vibrations (by feeling and sound). It's just minor inconvenience but...

Does anyone else has this "problem" too?

2. EthanAddict

Member EthanAddict Smokes weed and kills the Boss

Greece
    This isn't a problem, like the PlayStation controllers have different weighs at each rumble motor to make the vibration effect stronger.

3. slingblade1170

Member slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I haven't noticed it on the switch but it's happened to me on many different controllers on different game systems. I think its pretty normal

EthanAddict likes this.
  4. orcid

Member orcid GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    I don't think that many people have tested their joycons like you. They play Zelda instead.

-pm- likes this.
  5. TheCyberQuake

Member TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    I haven't had that problem. And people saying other controllers do it so it's fine are wrong.
    Older rumble controllers (even modern ones) have a large weight on one side and a small one on the other, which produces that effect. However the joycon do not use the same technology, and should feel identical on both sides

6. scart35
    OP

Newcomer scart35 Newbie

Slovakia
    Exactly! On X360 controller one motor has bigger weight and (probably) lower rpm. As I said its just minor inconvenience and I was just curious if anybody else "suffers" from this issue.

But another problem arose. ZL button is stiff and doesn't have that springy feeling like the ZR button.
    https://en-americas-support.nintend...-joycon-zl-button-feels-like-it-has-no-spring

Ordered tri-wing screwdriver so I can look inside.

7. yahoo

Member yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

United States
    Have you tried holding it in your other hand? Could be your hands have different sensitivity...