Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

We love GBAtemp v3!

The new version!

You have showed us how much you love GBAtemp. Now let us show you!

G B A T E M P Â V 3

The GBAtemp staff team is proud to present you the new GBAtemp. Let's review the list of new features, changes, and improvements!
  • GBAtemp V3 Skin!

A new skin for our beloved forums! We of course realize that you might want to stick with one of the two old skins, so you can make your choice at the bottom of this page. Although Shaun and I have been the ones working very hard to make this skin, we would like to thank JeX- who originally (two years ago!) designed two templates, giving us the base colours and scheme. The new skin also sports a shiny new mascot! If you like it and own an EZ-V, you can grab Opium's GBAtemp v3 EZ-V skin.

• GBAtemp Wiki.

We've had this idea for a while now, as you can see by the initial state of the Wiki! We already filled it with lots of info, check it out! The main sections in the Wiki are: Flash cart information, Homebrew database, Savegame database, and last but not least: About GBAtemp.net! A whole section dedicated to the history of GBAtemp which contains pages written by the founders KiVan, Omero and Alexander, a summary of the staff members, the legendary topics, and so much more! Visit the Wiki!

• A Wiki page about... you!

In the Wiki we have created the members category in which every single member of GBAtemp can be listed! To create your own page, you just need to go to this address and add your member name at the end of the URL, which will take you to the edit page. At the end of the page, add this line: "[[Category:Members of GBAtemp]]" and you're set!

c10.gif
    Update: A tutorial to teach you how to create content for the Wiki has been added! GBAtemp Wiki Tutorial

• G-Online V3

G-Online is an online release list containing shedloads of information on each game! It now supports 3 systems: NDS, GBA and Wii! For each game you'll find: boxart, icon for - DS games only, one or two screenshots, the .nfo file, a ranking system, a system of comments in which anyone can post, a powerful search engine and a quick search too, ... Need I say more? Click here to visit the new G-Online!

• NDS Compatibility List

Our list gathers compatibility info on the nine major slot-1 kits - more kits will be added later. We have decided to put the list in the Wiki so as to make it easier for you to edit it and to help us complete the database. For the occasion I have designed a Wiki extension to edit the compatibility in the easiest possible way. Check it out here!

• Improved site portal

We have added two little things to the portal. First, you can now rate the NDS and Wii releases directly from the portal, the ratings are shared with the G-Online ranking system. Second, you can complete the NDS compatibility list mentioned above directly from the portal, in the NDS release topics. Which means when a new DS game is released, you can help GBAtemp and its members by testing the game on your flashkit and reporting the results. Note: you might need to do a full refresh (Ctrl+F5) to be able to use all the new features. Apologies to IE users who will have to wait a few more days until the NDS portal compatibility thing is fixed.

• Wii Newsletter

In a few days, we will open registrations for the Weekly Temper, the official GBAtemp newsletter. E-mails can be sent directly to your Wii or to any other e-mail address. Registering will as simple as sending an e-mail to [email protected]! We will let you know when the registrations are open.

• GBAtemp 2007

Most of the changes that we have made in 2007 were originally planned for today, but we thought it would be too much for a single day! Remember what we've done this year: step 1 - homebrew news, round tables, homebrew database; and step 2 - tips forum, trading forum. And today, the 3rd step - the 3rd version of GBAtemp.

• Much more...

Think we're done yet? Nope! We still have got a lot in store for you, and we already started working on new secret ideas and features.

Regarding the results of the competition, we will be disclosing the results later today so stay tuned!

Allright, this is it for today. We would like to apologize if we disappointed some of you by putting the teaser and countdown... But keep in mind that the staff works hard every day and will always do, for one unique reason: the community. Yes, we love GBAtemp. Have a good time on GBAtemp, everyone! Thanks to all staffers who contributed to GBAtemp v3!​

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
congrats to shaun,costello and jex- for the new skin!
gbatemp goes from strength to strength!
i bet kivan never imagined what he created all those years ago would of come this far!

thanx kivan for starting what we all know and love today!

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Finally v3 has been launched!
smile.gif

I hope everyone enjoys all the new features. The new skin is great! Great work by Jex, shaunj66 and Costello! If you're on the edge about it I suggest you try it out for a week and see what you think then, it's a bit of a change going from a white skin to darker colours. Once you get used to the skin it's exceptional
smile.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Enjoy guys!
smile.gif

We've worked very hard on v3, we hope you appreciate it.

And remember, if you DON'T LIKE the new skin, then you don't have to use it. Just select an old skin from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Yeah don't give up on the new skin yet! It may take a while to get used to it, but it's well worth it.

Anyway, v3 is not just a new skin, it's the combination of all these new features and changes: it's the result of our hard work. So whether you like the new skin or not, I hope you will still appreciate the new features.
And remember: we all do it for free (don't make money) and more importantly: for you
biggrin.gif

Enjoy GBAtemp v3!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think V3 looks great, and that Wikitemp was something I can't believe wasn't thought of before. I need to get a new sig to go along with the new spiffy look...

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The new skin is like the classic skin and the lite skin had a genetically improved baby.
I'm lovin' it, didn't take any getting used to at all.
..and "Fuzzy" up there is pretty dam cool too, wonder what he's listening to?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, really now that I see it in full screen , I must admit that the new skin kicks ass.....
It's really nice, and has more depth and character then the older ones, I am sure we'll get used to it in no time, after all most of use don't like a new skin right away, but with time....
Anyway thank you guys, great, great work !

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys going to add links for the new content to the old themes?

Overall I like the new look, but having white text on a dark background (the titlebars) next to black text on a light background makes my eyes bug out a bit. Aside from that I like it.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
..and "Fuzzy" up there is pretty dam cool too, wonder what he's listening to?
*freaky voice*The sound of your mind, he hears what you're thinking*end freaky voice*
*Ahem* Liking the new GOnline, the cart compatibilty things a nice little twist and the wiki sounds like a brilliant idea, nice job all round
smile.gif
(I'll give the skin a week to try and win me over)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr