WBFS > WBFS ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Kosaic, Jul 8, 2009.

Jul 8, 2009

WBFS > WBFS ? by Kosaic at 4:00 PM (1,521 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Kosaic
    OP

Member Kosaic GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Are there any TRUE, working, WBFS to WBFS utilities out there today that work well ?

I know AlexDP is working on fixing his (currently WBFS>hard drive>WBFS) so hopefully that will be done soon.

Any others exist that work well, and do direct copies?

2. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Actually, WBFS Manager 3.0 DOES do direct drive to drive transferring, as long as the sector sizes on both drives are similar. I have two drives that can transfer back and forth directly, and a third on which the extra step is necessary, essentially doubling the transfer time, and requiring another drive (or partition) with 5GB free space. I believe AlexDP is currently working on a version that should do direct copying regardless of sector size, though. That would be very nice indeed.

From the WBFS Manager homepage:

"Changes (3.0)
    Added direct drive-to-drive copying for drive's with similar sector sizes. Drive-To-Drive copying will now first check if it's possible to do direct copying, if not it will revert to indirect copying."

3. Benjay

Member Benjay Hardstyle Addict

France
  4. mestapho

Member mestapho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've tried intelligent wbfs 6 and it goes through the motion as if it is copying drive to drive, but the game never shows up on the 2nd drive. I do use it for extracting the ciso for compact storage on my pc though.
    Just wait for AlexDP to figure it out. Sounds like it should be soon.

5. makiolo

Newcomer makiolo Member

Spain
    wiithon have WBFS to WBFS and REAL
    I make benchmark, its very fast, about 40 games / hour (average 2GB for game)
    wiithon is for linux.

In windows "wbfsGUI" or "intelligent"

wiithon YOU CAN SEE SOURCE(and wbfsGUI), but intelligent no ... autor(spanish ...) dont respect GPL of libwbfs

6. bula

Member bula GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

I used direct copy option and copied games are a lot smaller then original drive so did not work. I used WBSF Manager 3.0 but takes longer as transfer is done by extracting game to PC and then to the 2nd drive, this is the only program I fund to work so far that I know about it.