WBFS USB HD question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ziene, Sep 25, 2009.

Sep 25, 2009

WBFS USB HD question by ziene at 5:07 AM (678 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ziene
    OP

Newcomer ziene Member

Brazil
    Here is my question, I have a 80gb usb HD, 45 gigs are patitioned off as WBFS the rest is NTSF. My WBFS partition is completely full, but i just got metroid prime trilogy and would like to test it on my HD to see if it runs faster, less loading etc.. Its a dual layer game however, i`l need to delete at least 3 games to make space to add it on there.

I heard that games go on the wbfs partition sequentially, I have no idea what order the games are on there, if i delete 3 games from it to make room with wbfs manager, will it mess up other titles I have on there when i add metroid?

2. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What..?

I've moved/deleted/added/etc to my WBFS and have never had any issues.

3. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    youy shouldnt have any probs with WBFS Manager 3.0, you can add, delete game and more, it doent matter what order you added the games as each game on the WBFS partition uses the games 6 digit id, all you have to do is make space for new games by deleting or extracting old ones, it doesnt matter which ones as long as ther is enougth space to add what ever game your adding

4. ziene
    OP

Newcomer ziene Member

Brazil
    alright thanks, because with the old WBFS guis, it use to make random games stop working if you extracted a small game and then added a larger one. Probably some gui problems.

5. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    yea i stick with alexdp's wbfs manager.
    never had any problems with extracting, adding, renaming, etc.

6. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Is it also save to delete games with one of the latest USB-loaders ? Like WiiFlow / Gx etc. etc. ??