LittleBigMods

OP
Trophies
Website
www.littlebigmods.net
XP
Country
United States
I used the WBFS Manager to make my Ext. HD partition into a WBFS partition, but I need to change it back to a FAT file system. Is there any way to do that without formatting my entire external harddrive?

Thanks
-LittleBigMods

AdmiralKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It depends on what you're looking to do. If you just want to 'switch' to fat from WBFS, then no, there is no way to do that. However, if you get a partition manager, Partition Magic or something like that, you might be able to resize the WBFS partition, making it smaller, then create a new FAT partition from the new unallocated space. I'm not sure if you can actually do this though, as I'm not sure if the partition managers will know how to deal with WBFS since it's a Wii only thing, but the principle works for other formats, NTFS etc. Be warned though, resizing a partition can take a long time (depending on the size of your drive) so be prepared to be in for a the long run for it.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Start Menu -> run and type in 'compmgmt.msc'
From there find 'Disk Management'. You should see your external drive listed, provided you have it hooked up. From there you can format delete and format the entire drive.

Alternatively you can get to Computer management from administration tools in the control panel, or use a third party disk partition software to format.

LittleBigMods

OP
Trophies
Website
www.littlebigmods.net
XP
Country
United States
Thank you!
biggrin.gif

I have one more question: In order to use a USB loader, will it only work with the first partition?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.