Hacking WBFS Manager Problem

Someflammablekid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have ISOs that i can fit on my flash drive, and i have my flash drive formatted to wbfs.

The only problem is that when i try to load an iso using WBFS manager, i get an error saying "an error occurred while attempting to read the image file from the disk.

I burned it to a DVD and it worked using neogamma for about....20minutes. Then i got a disc read error and now it will no longer play it.

Any ideas?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm,

would the correct way be: connect flash drive to PC, erase it, format it to WBFS with WBFS manager, add the ISO from PC HD into WBFS manager and copy it onto your flash drive?

Maybe I´m getting things wrong... but I did it that way.

Is the ISO you´re trying to load ok, possibly the ISO file is broken. Try it with another ISO.

Someflammablekid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm pretty sure only the wii can format to wbfs.

And i'm pretty sure. I burned another ISO to a dvd and it seems to be playing just fine. And that same ISO won't load either.

There aren't any crazy updates i'm missing are there? It has to be my computer somehow.

This is the error i get

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Well I WBFS formatted my USB drive I´m using with my Wii on my PC using the WBFS manager.

When the ISO gives you errors it´s possibly broke.

Someflammablekid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping it would be broken but after reading comments and stuff people seem to have no problem getting it to work =/

i've tried 3 different types of flash drives too
kingston
maxtor
sandisk

all give me the same error.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Personally I am using a Fujitsu handydrive(odd name^^) 500Gb and it works fine with my Wii and my Mac(I use Windows XP on my Mac pro for things like this).

Go and get the latest updates for your PC OS.

Maybe you should get the latest update of WBFS manager and/or reinstall it on your PC or try another USB slot for connecting your drive to your PC.

Someflammablekid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never even heard of that drive haha.

I have ran windows update and gotten nothing new. I ran new driver updates for the usb drive and got nothing.

I can try and install WBFS manager again but i doubt it will do anything.

And i have tried every USB port on my computer and they all give me the same problem

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
When you´re doing everything as you should(open WBFS manager, browse for ISO, add it...) what I think you´re doing, I am pretty done with my answers/ suggestions.

Don´t know why this is happening.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try loading up disk management in windows, deleting the volume on the flash drive (make sure it really is the right drive), assign a drive letter to the flash drive and create a partition but do not select a fiilesystem or format it, then load up WBFS Manager select the correct drive letter from the drop down and then format it with WBFS Manager. Also check your flash drives on the compatibility list.

Someflammablekid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someflammablekid said:
I was hoping it would be broken but after reading comments and stuff people seem to have no problem getting it to work =/

i've tried 3 different types of flash drives too
kingston
maxtor
sandisk

all give me the same error.

QUOTE(wiistarter @ Aug 14 2009, 03:20 PM) Have you tried moving the ISO file to the c drive (not in a folder so the path is shorter). have you run WBFS as admin???

Omg....that worked. I knew it would be something stupid but i didn't think it would be THAT stupid. It was the first suggestion you made, not the admin. Thank you so much! And i appreciate everyone else's help too!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Then that manager is pretty shitty, I really recomend you to change it for a better one...!!
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay