WBFS drive loading WAD game backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by dabagboy, Aug 25, 2009.

Aug 25, 2009
  1. dabagboy
    OP

Newcomer dabagboy Newbie

United States
    some of my games are backed up as WAD files..

I use WBFS manager to load my ISO backups to an external HDD

How (if at all) can I load a WAD backup to my WBFS drive?

2. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    you cant load .wad file in WBFS....

i think your mistaken, youve backedup your WW/VC games to .wad(Installer file) using Wad Creator, this has nothing to do with WBFS games

3. dabagboy
    OP

Newcomer dabagboy Newbie

United States
    I sort of realize that, I am mistaken but nonetheless I'd like all my games on the same external HDD. Most of the were loadeded from ISOs..I then use CoverFloader to browse / load them...that works fine.

Can I convert the WAD files to ISO to then use WBFS?

4. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    sorry but thats not or ever will be possible, the ony way to load them off the same drive is to partition it into 2 part one for WBFS and the other FAT32 and use the FAT32 partition to emulate the nand and WW/VC games using triifore

the .wad files are only to install channels on the wii WW/VC/Emulators/Media Players etc....... basically apps/games on the wii menu with pretty banners and sounds

5. Sabin_Figaro

Member Sabin_Figaro GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    With NAND emulation, I hope there is some way to:

* Insert the emulated NAND in WBFS
    * insert a TriiForce like code on a USB Loader

We are getting close to that. In the meantime, use Triiforce

6. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    Don't ever count on loading your nand backup in WBFS. Chances are that you, like most people, partitioned your entire drive to WBFS, and don't want to start all over. I can only recommend to people in this situation, that before you keep adding games, backup your ISOs to another WBFS drive, and re-partition your drive so that the first partition is FAT32 Primary/Active, and the second partition is WBFS. Of coarse you could always use a separate drive in FAT32 format, but if you want everything on one drive, you have to set up multiple partitions.

Looking ahead, there's a lot to gain by having a FAT32 partition. When the N64 and PSX emulators near completion, you may want to have the space for the games. With nand emulation on the rise, the more space you have, the better. WBFS is only good for Wii backups, and I'm pretty sure that's all it will ever be good for.

7. Sabin_Figaro

Member Sabin_Figaro GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    I think the way that NAND emulation is hardcoded into IOS249v14 and ONLY looks on the FAT32 root. Sad for now that we cannot configure it.

wait, I can have a FAT32 as first partition, active, and a second one as WBFS? Awesome. I have a crappo drive i bought for 5 bucks, it's small (50gb work outta 80gb) and it may go out anytime... I need a bigger drive to test

8. aabbccdd

Member aabbccdd GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Yeah, I have a 250GB drive, first partition is 30GB FAT32 marked as active, and second is the rest for WBFS. Works fine in every application except for WiiXplorer.